Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG questions  (Read 12892 times)

Offline Mako V12V

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Astons, Porsches & Golf GTIs
Re: DSG questions
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2009, 10:55:22 pm »
Thanks for all your comments chaps and time taken to reply.  :happy2:

I've spent nearly two weeks solid trawling through the internet looking for a Ed 30 in white, 3dr and manual with no success. I've just today driven a dsg version and like it. So i'm thinking go for a dsg instead as there's more around.

Two hours after my dsg test drive i've now found a manual version what i've been looking for....aaaargh!

I hear what everyone is saying on here and understand the comments, so, do i now turn down the manual and wait for a white dsg or go with my original plan????????

I guess i need to drive the manual and then decide!

Btw, as an aside - SUNROOF in an Ed 30 - excellant extra or does it make the car look naff and will cause problems down the line??

Thanks as ever - Phil
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 10:56:53 pm by 997GT3 »
VW Golf Edition 30, Candy White, 3dr Manual. Plus a stunning Aston Martin V12 Vantage!

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2009, 11:14:19 pm »
^^^^
Only you can decide, Phil, but I find a sunroof useful for ventilation and often just have the back lifted up a fraction.

Full sunshine roof open on a Summer's night cruising the towns of Northern Italy with the stars above :notworthy:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Mako V12V

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Astons, Porsches & Golf GTIs
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2009, 11:35:02 pm »
Cheers RR. From your sig I notice yours has a sunroof. Any problems with seals, mechanism, rattles etc?
VW Golf Edition 30, Candy White, 3dr Manual. Plus a stunning Aston Martin V12 Vantage!

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2009, 12:46:06 am »

Cheers RR. From your sig I notice yours has a sunroof. Any problems with seals, mechanism, rattles etc?

....No problems whatsoever since new 4 years ago.

Once you go over a certain speed with the roof fully open you need to drop all the windows an inch so that air pressure is released, otherwise it zaps your ears in waves.

The GTI dashboard generally gets rattles 'n squeaks which come and go. They seem to be temperature related but once you're focussed on driving you don't hear them. I'm not fussed about such things but some people are.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!