Make a donation

Author Topic: 312mm carriers apparently...  (Read 993 times)

Offline Jibba

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
312mm carriers apparently...
« on: February 23, 2012, 11:01:06 am »
Hi,

Today I was about to fit some 312mm discs, pads and carriers to upgrade my 288mm front brakes...I test fitted them and the pads won't fit in the carrier. Have I been screwed over with these carriers as I'm near certain that the pads are right.

Thanks

J

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Re: 312mm carriers apparently...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 11:51:20 am »
Those carriers look like they have been freshly painted?

You might have to file down the bits of paint where the pad sits on the carriers?

I'm not a brake expert so maybe wait for confirmation from some of the other knowledgeable guys on here to confirm, but that’s what it looks like to me :smiley:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Jibba

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
Re: 312mm carriers apparently...
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:43:44 pm »
Yeah the paint was rubbish but I've filed it off and the pads still don't fit, I think I may have bought 288mm but I've no idea how you'd tell just by looking at them. Now the waiting game of finding 312mm carriers to crop up.