Make a donation

Author Topic: Shark Performance Stage 2................  (Read 6650 times)

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
Shark Performance Stage 2................
« on: February 23, 2012, 04:45:20 pm »
………………….I just thought I would share my experience.

I’ve had a Milltek downpipe with 200 cell sport cat fitted since just before Christmas but due to work and child care commitments the soonest I could escape to get the stage 2 software was today.

I booked a visit with Rob (W8 Performance) this morning and arrived just after 10am, first things first, nice cup of rosy followed by some man moments drooling over his new wheels……Then on to reading my current file.  Some of may be aware I have been running a generic Angel Tuning map for a few years, and tbh I’ve been very happy with it, however Miko @ Shark decided to create a new file from a standard map.  After uploading and emailing the file we took my car out for a blast just to give Rob an idea of how good (or bad) the Angel Tuning map was, his immediate reaction was although good, it wasn’t as fast as his, particularly in 2nd and 3rd.  Bear in mind he is running a Shark stage 1 with an Evoms intake compared to mine which has an Evoms but also the downpipe.  Just to confirm his thoughts we went out in his and I have to agree definitely better all round (iirc his car made 251.5 bhp on Shark rollers).
Anyway, after our bit of fun we went back to Rob’s for another cuppa, and while chatting notification came through that the file was done.  After the longest 20 minutes I can remember waiting for the file to upload to the car, all was well and we took it out for a spin.

If I’m honest, first impression, not that much difference, but as I starting playing about through the gears I realised how much smoother the power delivery was.  At about 1pm I left Robs and made my way home, which is when the real fun began!!!  After about 10 miles I had the measure of the car and I can report the following:

1st gear – I could honestly say it’s no longer required…..

2nd gear – I hate to use the term but, OMG, the pick up is so quick it’s ready for 3rd in the blink of an eye.

3rd gear – This is a bit more reserved but if you get the car at the right speed then bury the loud pedal whiplash is a concern!

4th gear – Ridiculous, no further comment required.

5th /6th gears – pick up is excellent in both gears, desperate to find a private road to test 75 – 100.

So to summarise, Rob is a top bloke, he makes a cracking cup of tea, the map isn’t bad either…………..

I am one happy bunny!!!!  :jumping:

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline ktlstar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: Shark Performance Stage 2................
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 04:54:16 pm »
Robs a good man.  :happy2:
- #1240 ED30 Revo STAGE2+
- Southeast - Vag Com owner

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 05:29:11 pm »
Nice one...   :happy2:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline daz_pd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 7
  • My VRS
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 05:31:02 pm »
ha, I never got to experience mine properly as my DV couldnt handle the pressure and has given up the ghost, lol

Offline W8 Performance

• Trader - 2014
  • Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 05:32:16 pm »
 :ashamed: Oh you are too kind.

Nice to meet up Lee, shame we were both going somewhere else. Maybe come back when the office is all finished :happy2:

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 06:26:31 pm »
:ashamed: Oh you are too kind.

Nice to meet up Lee, shame we were both going somewhere else. Maybe come back when the office is all finished :happy2:

I only cut and pasted what you told me too....... :chicken:

It was worth the trip just for the tea and I would definitely come and see you again, maybe for a set of 19" VMR 710's???  :happy2:  :drinking:

Offline GNJ_Motorsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 20
    • GNJ Motorsport
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 12:15:32 am »
More happy Shark customers, top work Rob  :happy2:

0% Interest Free Finance Available On All Parts NOW
www.gnjmotorsport.com
info@gnjmotorsport.com  -  01254 883345
Facebook  -  Instagram

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 03:36:35 pm »
We forgot to tell Miko to flash out the rear O2 sensor so.......CEL is on!  :sick:

Offline daz_pd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 7
  • My VRS
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 07:18:13 pm »
thought that all stage 2 maps came with that as standard? hope mine doesnt come on now, lol!

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 07:21:46 pm »
Mine came on aswell when I had stage 3 :popcornsoda:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 11:58:11 pm »
Mine came on aswell when I had stage 3 :popcornsoda:

Its a common occurance with the shark tfsi maps  I think.  I know of quite a few on briskoda who have had it.  A couple on here have as well ie Timmyboys stage 3 did it, muckipups stage 3 did it, my Octavia did it at stage 2/3.   All had to have revisions to solve it.  iirc daves(muckipups) never actually got solved before he changed either.

Also my Fabia did it.  I had it mapped out again whilst at inters

We forgot to tell Miko to flash out the rear O2 sensor so.......CEL is on!  :sick:

But its a stage 2 map.  The whole purpose of these maps is to work around exhaust enhancements!!  Should you have to ask?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:08:43 am by Janner_Sy »

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 11:08:06 am »
My map hasnt raised a cel light in over 400 miles of driving since having my BCS tbe fitted and I am eithee stage 1 or possibly Stage 2. I had a map update but cant remember if I had a wild stage 1 map on or a stage 2. I keep meaning to go to shark to find out. Either way it goes like stink and will be stage 3 next month.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 11:30:29 am »
But its a stage 2 map.  The whole purpose of these maps is to work around exhaust enhancements!!  Should you have to ask?

I'm no expert but I think the problem is when we were speaking with Mikko, I mentioned I had had the dp on for 3 months and the light hadn't come on.  I had already discussed it with Ben and he said he had the CEL on his own car so was surprised I hadn't.  :stupid:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 12:41:14 pm »
But its a stage 2 map.  The whole purpose of these maps is to work around exhaust enhancements!!  Should you have to ask?

I'm no expert but I think the problem is when we were speaking with Mikko, I mentioned I had had the dp on for 3 months and the light hadn't come on.  I had already discussed it with Ben and he said he had the CEL on his own car so was surprised I hadn't.  :stupid:

They had the CEL on his car as well!!  The CELs often dont come on for the first few hundred miles.

Does Rob have a dyno at his workshop?  The stage 2 map did go like stink.  It mullered my stage 2+ bluefin map for outright performance.  Never had my stage 2 shark dyno'd though.  Bens graph made good figures at JKM though.

There were graphs in my shark review in the product section, but for some reason they arent showing up anymore. http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9088.0.html
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:50:16 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 05:26:00 pm »
Rob's workshop....?  :laugh:  No rollers unfortunately (well apart from the ones he will use to emulsion his garage conversion!!  :grin:

My light came on after approx' 80 miles, had the car logged yesterday and the fault is the lambda sensor so no big deal, the map will be tweaked and reinstalled some time next week.  It is bloody good though, and what it does highlight is how poor the stage 1 was.....  :wink: