Make a donation

Author Topic: Xenon headlights Scam - Don't be caught out like I was!!  (Read 5780 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: Xenon headlights Scam - Don't be caught out like I was!!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 05:51:13 pm »
Not good to hear mate :sad1:

Bank Transfer's are ok if you know the person. I've had people of this forum do Bank Transfer's to me for stuff and i've done it to others. I normally sell stuff through Paypal Gift i have no issue with someone doing normal goods as long as they pay the fee's

But if i am buying i just use Paypal ( I will pay the fee's for my own protection) if it's someone i don't know and keep copies of all correspondence until the transaction is complete and goods are received.

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 07:31:24 pm »
Feel for you. I got some halogens off someone on here that turned out to broken inside and un-useable. Like to think the seller made a genuine mistake, but the broken pieces weren't in there so i think they were sent broken.

He sent 20quid back but i paid 150. Luckily the bulbs are good ones.

I ended up buying new ones from vw for not too much more.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 07:33:56 pm »
Gutted for you!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 08:34:10 pm »
Feel your pain, i would love a set of xenons but to me (like most) £420 is a bucket load of cash and there are to many f*cking wankers out there that take your money and run, total ****s
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 10:49:20 pm »
Evenin' all.

I am genuinely moved by the number of chaps who've posted their feelings here; I do feel foolish for sending money to the c$%t who pretended to have a set of Xenons  - he didn't have Paypal he said so a Bank transfer seemed the only option. I really should have thought more about it.
I bear no malice or ill feeling to the forum member who posted the original ad whatsoever;  everyone I've had dealings with on this site has been courteous and kind and has the best interests of their fellow members in mind when suggesting tips, modifications and potential purchases.  I know people really go out of their way to help others here.

So far I've contacted my bank who say they cannot do anything and I've contacted the police's Telephone Fraud department who've taken the relevant details and may get back to me although I'm not holding my breath.....

I had an address from the culprit (probably bogus) but most importantly I have a bank account name, sort code and account number but as a forum member stated, these details don't seem to excite the police into any positive action despite there being a strong lead and case to answer here.  If anyone has any further advice I'd be happy to listen.

I'll keep you updated with any developments.

Thanks everyone.

galaxie500