Make a donation

Author Topic: Few Snaps of my Edition30 after a quick SRP  (Read 4491 times)

Saintsteve

Re: Few Snaps of my Edition30 after a quick SRP
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 07:42:22 pm »
Me personally, would buy some VZ's in Anthracite grey and keep the Pescara's aside, as the Offset on the VZ's sit better and the stance with the colour change would suit better personally. Or you could sell the Pescy's to fund the VZ's.

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 07:50:24 pm »
Wow! Feckin' stunning car mate! I love the details , Black mirrors , Wheels , Bra and pressed plates , all go together to make this Eddy a pure stunner! Ive got a TR GTI and feel your pain about the stonechips - I Ideally wanted a White one , I reckon if I do another 50K miles without getting it resprayed then the front third of the car will be white by then anyway!  :grin:

Im gonna give the stone chip repair a go before respraying as a last resort, the paint will only be softer if your adding layers to it.

Because TR is a flat colour, its reletively easy to repair by Wet sand and Polish to get her looking more pleasing to the mind.. :happy2:

and thankyou for your kind words :smiley:

Oh I never thought about the repair method! Yes that would be preferable as I dont like non factory paint! I think Im going to go for a set of Anthracite BBS VZ033 wheels though , so paint repair will have to wait! PS Youre welcome.  :happy2:
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Saintsteve

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 07:54:33 pm »
Wow! Feckin' stunning car mate! I love the details , Black mirrors , Wheels , Bra and pressed plates , all go together to make this Eddy a pure stunner! Ive got a TR GTI and feel your pain about the stonechips - I Ideally wanted a White one , I reckon if I do another 50K miles without getting it resprayed then the front third of the car will be white by then anyway!  :grin:

Im gonna give the stone chip repair a go before respraying as a last resort, the paint will only be softer if your adding layers to it.

Because TR is a flat colour, its reletively easy to repair by Wet sand and Polish to get her looking more pleasing to the mind.. :happy2:

and thankyou for your kind words :smiley:

Oh I never thought about the repair method! Yes that would be preferable as I dont like non factory paint! I think Im going to go for a set of Anthracite BBS VZ033 wheels though , so paint repair will have to wait! PS Youre welcome.  :happy2:

I will be posting another thread next weekend, as my wings and bonnet are going to be Wet sanded,filled and major machine polished to bring her back to new condition by a local Paint detailer. So watch this space for results  :happy2: