Make a donation

Author Topic: Alcantara  (Read 936 times)

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
Alcantara
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:07:10 pm »
Anybody know what the best Alcantara cleaner is?  :popcornsoda:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
Re: Alcantara
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 11:28:52 am »
Anybody know what the best Alcantara cleaner is?  :popcornsoda:

How old is the car Justin? The thing with alacantara is that it does tend to loose a bit of colour if you use some
Really strong stuff! I've only seen this happen once of twice mind out of hundreds  :signLOL:
My advice would be to use a light mix of water and Megs carpet and interior cleaner-the reason for the Megs is that your meant to use it from the bottle I.E spray it straight on, this means it's a fairly safe mix as it is so just use a small amount a a dilute down to be extra safe, try it on a small area 1st just to make sure you get no colour run, I doubt you will but there is always the risk,

Spray it on and work it in lightly using a soft brush and then vacuum  the area to remove most of the fluid you just sprayed on, then use a neat water mix or some more interior cleaner to remove the rest of the crap you just brought to the surface using the vacuum, repeat process as required  :happy2:
You've got my number if you need any help

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!