Make a donation

Author Topic: Volant Intake System for TFSI  (Read 81356 times)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Volant Intake System for TFSI
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2012, 10:33:39 pm »
^^^^ Was that all it cost? Shame I can't get down to the RR day, would have liked a noisy at your system, next time.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2012, 10:57:54 pm »
^^^^ Was that all it cost? Shame I can't get down to the RR day, would have liked a noisy at your system, next time.

Yes for the Intake inc shipping was £198 add another £23 for K04 take off adaptor and thats the total cost to me (£221)  :happy2:

If you are chasing massive BHP figures you might be better off going the obvious "Proven" routes (ITG/FORGE) but if you prefer OEM look and are not bothered about it having "Proven big bhp numbers" and fancy having £240 extra in your back pocket instead its certainly an option  :happy2:

Will be interesting to see what (If anything) people think/say about it at JKM  :happy2: :happy2:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:00:13 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #197 on: October 12, 2012, 07:05:47 am »

Yes for the Intake inc shipping was £198 add another £23 for K04 take off adaptor and thats the total cost to me (£221)  :happy2:

If you are chasing massive BHP figures you might be better off going the obvious "Proven" routes (ITG/FORGE) but if you prefer OEM look and are not bothered about it having "Proven big bhp numbers" and fancy having £240 extra in your back pocket instead its certainly an option  :happy2:

Will be interesting to see what (If anything) people think/say about it at JKM  :happy2: :happy2:

I would like to have a good look at this at JKM  :party:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2012, 08:41:40 am »

Excellent stuff, cheers matey!  :happy2:

Not bothered about big numbers, not bothered about numbers at all. System sounds (without hearing it) just what I'm after. Had an ITG, bit much for me, living with Darth Vadar on a daily basis, looking for something a little more OEM+

Will be interested to see what JKM make of your CAI. Lets us know what they and others say.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2012, 09:25:10 am »

I would like to have a good look at this at JKM  :party:

No worries, just look out for a White 5 Dr Candy ED30 (08 plate), come over say hello and have a look!  :happy2:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2012, 09:27:17 am »

It's one of the many reasons I went for it  :happy2:, Forge a Bit too Bling for me (and pricey) and ITG just looked cheap to me (Altho V. pricey), prefer OEM looking myself.

Excellent stuff, cheers matey!  :happy2:

Not bothered about big numbers, not bothered about numbers at all. System sounds (without hearing it) just what I'm after. Had an ITG, bit much for me, living with Darth Vadar on a daily basis, looking for something a little more OEM+

Will be interested to see what JKM make of your CAI. Lets us know what they and others say.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2012, 10:14:08 am »

I shall be at the JKM RR day on 27th so those who want to see it can do, perhaps JKM could log it while its on the RR?, maybe its possible?.

....I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing it  :happy2:

Ask Jim about logging when you arrive but you may find he says he would prefer to log it while on the road, in which case you wouldn't get your opportunity on the Dyno-Day. But I may be wrong so ask him.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2012, 10:19:24 am »

I shall be at the JKM RR day on 27th so those who want to see it can do, perhaps JKM could log it while its on the RR?, maybe its possible?.

Ask Jim about logging when you arrive but you may find he says he would prefer to log it while on the road, in which case you wouldn't get your opportunity on the Dyno-Day. But I may be wrong so ask him.

It's worth an ask, if he wants to log it on the road It prob won't happen as I am there to meet folks, look at some cars and get the RR sesh, will have to see.........

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2012, 10:26:03 am »

....I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing it  :happy2:

It's worth an ask, if he wants to log it on the road It prob won't happen as I am there to meet folks, look at some cars and get the RR sesh, will have to see.........

....Only Jim or Kate can give you the definitive answer but normally he would not have time on a Dyno-Day to take your car out on the road and log it (assuming he thinks that's the best way) even if you have the time. It also raises the problem that if he spends time on a Dyno-Day doing extra things for one person, he is going to feel obliged to do the same for others and there simply isn't enough time. But, as I say, ask Jim when you arrive - I'm only suggesting what I think the scenario will be. Or email JKM to ask beforehand if you wish.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2012, 11:28:47 am »

....I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing it  :happy2:

....Only Jim or Kate can give you the definitive answer but normally he would not have time on a Dyno-Day to take your car out on the road and log it (assuming he thinks that's the best way) even if you have the time. It also raises the problem that if he spends time on a Dyno-Day doing extra things for one person, he is going to feel obliged to do the same for others and there simply isn't enough time. But, as I say, ask Jim when you arrive - I'm only suggesting what I think the scenario will be. Or email JKM to ask beforehand if you wish.

Will ask him on the day, it is others that want to know, not so much for me  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2012, 12:22:22 pm »

i'm sure one of the attendees could bring VCDS and could do it independantly from JKM. We could even compare air flow against one of the other systems  :smiley:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2012, 01:27:42 pm »
By all means, I have no issue with that  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2012, 12:28:32 pm »

I really like that.  Looks very OEM, no doubt its nice and quiet, it incorporates two cold air feeds: slam panel and headlight, also like the tapered pipe design.

What's the filter size?  I'm guessing from the diameter of the pipe entering the box, its a monster

....Are we sure it also takes air in from the headlight area? Excellent if it does  :happy2:

Offline Trowbridge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2012, 12:31:55 pm »
Believe it does looking at this pic:

Tornado Red Edition 30 No:1183

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #209 on: November 26, 2012, 12:32:04 pm »

I really like that.  Looks very OEM, no doubt its nice and quiet, it incorporates two cold air feeds: slam panel and headlight, also like the tapered pipe design.

What's the filter size?  I'm guessing from the diameter of the pipe entering the box, its a monster

....Are we sure it also takes air in from the headlight area? Excellent if it does  :happy2:

if you look at photos of the intake off the car the headlight side is all open too, yeah
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+