Make a donation

Author Topic: VW Warranty Moan  (Read 736 times)

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 9
  • I was born a while ago and I'm not dead yet.
    • Email
VW Warranty Moan
« on: February 29, 2012, 12:40:46 pm »
I bought my approved used Edition 30 from a VW dealer in England last week.

I noticed at the weekend that the alarm sound isn't working as when Golfman was adding chirps to my car they made no noise, so we tested the interior motion sensors and the lights go off but there's no actual sound that comes from the car.

I called my local VW dealer here in Glasgow (Arnold Clark VW in Giffnock) and they said they wanted £65 to look a the car as it was a wiring issue. They would then contact VW to see if the work was covered but I was liable for the initial £65.

I wasn't best pleased with this as I've never been charged up front before with any previous car which has been under warranty - either the original manufacturer's one or an approved used one.

I contacted the VW garage who sold me the car and the salesman says his garage doesn't operate like that either so he has contacted VW UK to try and resolve the issue and see if that garage is even allowed to do that.

This was two days and I'm fed up waiting so I've now booked the car into another VW garage here in Glasgow, Verve VW in Rutherglen. They say they'll look at the car and contact VW to see if what needs doing is covered by the warranty and only if VW say it's not then I'll be liable to pay £75 + VAT for the initial diagnosis (plus from there whatever needs doing to actually fix the problem).

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:49:00 pm by Billy »

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: VW Warranty Moan
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 12:43:38 pm »
if this fault was not made clear to you at the time of sale then the trader has a reponsibility to prove that the fault was not there when they sold it. if they can't then they have to fix it FOC. at least that's what i always understood.

contact citizen's advice bureau, and then tell the trader you'll take them to court over it if you're not having your statutory rights honoured
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+