All Things Mk5 > How to Guides / Troubleshooting

boost issues with forge dv

<< < (3/11) > >>

SteveS:
I think I found the problem!

I bought this off a guy from here from eBay. so already had the tubes attached, when I received it I was going to check it was the rite one but didn’t.. typical... neways

the nipple on the vacuum tap was the "accessory nipple" (imp guessing looking at the hole size) not the "solenoid reference" nipple! So I can only assume not enough air is getting though to work the thing properly?

ok, yes it’s an issue, but surely it still only leaves the DV closed so pressure is always sent to engine rather than dumped.. so I can’t see how this would mean less boost?

I don’t know how the electrics work.. but obviously the solenoid may not be seeing the right amount of air and I duno.. reducing the turbo or something :s

another issue is, i only got sent the boost gauge nipple. so i dont even have the right one! i will contact them and forge to try get it!

SteveS:
 :mad:

dan.payne:

--- Quote from: SteveS on May 04, 2009, 02:26:42 pm --- :mad:

--- End quote ---

Hope u sort it mate.

SteveS:
well i hope its the only problem, i dont know if it would actually cause the boost issue??

joesgti:
i have spare nipples  :ashamed: :laugh:

if you give forge UK a call then they are very very very helpful and nice people, they helped me get mine back up to power!  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version