Make a donation

Author Topic: Weird & Wonderful News  (Read 1270 times)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
Weird & Wonderful News
« on: February 27, 2012, 02:34:11 pm »
One thing I love doing in my lunch break is reading weird and wonderful news and stories so I thought why not start a good ol'thread based sharing place for stories people find. Just copy the text you find and paste it into a post  :happy2:

Ill start by posting this:

Dwarf gets penis glued to vacuum cleaner

A British dwarf who was performing at the 'Edinburgh Festival' found his penis glued to a vacuum cleaner while preparing for a live show.
Daniel Blackner, known as "Captain Dan the Demon Dwarf" performed at the Circus of Horrors, known for its oddball and offbeat performances. As part of the show, the dwarf pulls a Henry vacuum cleaner using a special attachment, across the show attached to his penis. However, the vacuum cleaner was broken before a performance and performer Blackner placed extra-strong glue on the attachment to fix it, neglecting to wait the entire 20 minutes required for the glue to dry, which resulted in his penis becoming glued to the vacuum cleaner.

After being rushed to the A&E department of Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, Blackner was freed after an hour and remarked that: "It was the most embarrassing moment of my life when I got wheeled into a packed A&E with a vacuum attached to me. I just wished the ground could swallow me up. Luckily, they saw me quickly so the embarrassment was short lived."

Hospital sources confirmed that they treated the performer, but a spokesman for the Royal Infirmary said he could not comment on individual cases.

Oh yeah and this:

wikinews
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:37:09 pm by nezquick »

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Weird & Wonderful News
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 02:59:01 pm »
Oh and here's the interview / video of him -  :signLOL:

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 03:01:07 pm »
i went to see that shouw a couple of weeks back

would recommend it to anyone, it was brilliant 

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 03:02:46 pm »
Me to, although I saw it in london without the dwaf and hoover  :confused:  - did they have the cigar smoking women when you went?

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 11:13:37 am »
£21,000 Rolex found in drain by street cleaner claimed by owner

A £21,000 gold Rolex watch found in a drain by a street cleaner has been claimed by its owner.

Arron Large, 28, was cleaning a drain near Chalkwell railway station in Essex earlier this month when he found the watch among the dirt.
He handed it in at his nearest police station but it had not been registered lost or stolen. If it had not been claimed, he would have been allowed to keep it.
Today Essex Police said the owner had come forward to claim the yellow gold Rolex Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph from the Daytona collection.
The watch was stolen from a nearby house in a burglary in September.
It had huge sentimental value for its owner, as it was a gift from his wife who has since died.

The owner, who is in his fifties and did not want to be named, has thanked Mr Large and given him a reward for his ''integrity and honesty''.
Pc Calley Mackay said: ''Arron made a really unusual find and had the decency and integrity to hand the Rolex watch in to police.
''Our aim from the start was to locate the owner of this Rolex watch and we are now delighted to have been able to return it to its rightful owner.
''This man was the victim of a burglary, who actually came home to find that his house had been ransacked and his possessions were stolen by the burglar, who fled from the scene.''
She added: ''Arron's lucky streak continued, as he found three more watches hidden in drains in the following days.
''These three watches are all now confirmed as replicas, of nominal value.''

AND Watch from 2 mins in

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 07:19:41 pm »
I've seen this bear before. Hold on and I'll YouTube him... :fighting2:

EDIT: Here we go

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 12:22:34 pm »
Human mattress dominoes break world record

Hundreds of people get knocked back onto mattresses in New Orleans as they seek to break the Guinness World Record for the largest number of people taking part in human dominoes.

One after the other, 850 participants were pushed backwards to land on their mattresses, in the meantime knocking the next person down in traditional domino fashion.

The aim was to beat the previous world record of 550 people achieved in 2011 in Belgium.
After many minutes and to huge cheers, the final human mattress domino was toppled, smashing the previous best.
Mattresses for the New Orleans event were donated, and will now go to various local charities.

AND ever seen a man K.O  a snowman? neither had I until now...

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 12:53:02 pm »
The snowman punch, v funny  :signLOL: loving my lunch hour today. :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 01:10:57 pm »
Only in america:

Hank the cat running for US Senate seat in Virginia
Voters in Virginia will have the chance to elect the purr-fect candidate for their senate seat after a cat named Hank entered the race.

Hank the Cat is in the running for a seat in the US Senate

Hank, a nine-year-old former street cat, has a strong presence on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter while also having his own website.

With a slogan of 'milk in every bowl', Hank's run for election is based around job creation with the feline candidate described as a 'proud independent'.

Hank's promotional materials paint a picture of him having 'real world experience, a unique point of view, and limitless energy'.

On his official website Hank states: 'If I had to sum up my feelings for Virginia's future, I would have to say: Meow.'

'When I'm elected to the Senate, I'm going to work hard to make sure that there is milk in every bowl across this great nation.'
Also in the race for election are two former Virginia governors, Republican George Allen and Democrat Tim Kaine.

However, with all the buzz surrounding him, Hank will certainly be feline confident that he can compete well for the seat vacated by Democrat senator Jim Webb.

Virginia voters have even been treated to an advert as part of the 'cat-paign', in an attempt to usher Hank into power.

AND following yesterdays snowman k.o what about watching a warewolf lookalike wearing a top hat being k.o'd? (you might of seen this already but it is funny none the less - what a reaction!)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 02:00:33 pm »
maybe not wierd or wonderful but interesting none the less - I can't believe people would actually lower themselves so much.

if anyone's unfamiliar with what happened heres the video:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

'Bad Samaritans' guilty of robbing injured student during London riots
Two men have been convicted of pretending to be Good Samaritans and stealing from a Malaysian student as he lay bleeding in the street during last year's
Ashraf Rossli had his jaw broken in two places prior to being robbed as he lay injured
Mobile phone footage showed Ashraf Rossli being robbed as he reeled from the after-effects of an attack that broke his jaw in Barking, east London, on August 8.
A jury at Wood Green Crown Court convicted John Kafunda, 22, of robbery and violent disorder and Reece Donovan, 24, of theft, violent disorder and later burgling a Tesco store.
Kafunda, from Ilford, was captured on camera putting his arm around Mr Rossli, 20, while Donovan, from Romford, rifled through the accountancy student's bag.
The footage caused outrage when it was later uploaded to YouTube.
Mr Rossli, who had a Sony PlayStation games console and ten games valued at £500 taken from him, had been in the UK for just a month before the incident.
'I knew they were stealing from me but I could do nothing,' he the court this week.
'I was sat on the pavement with blood pouring from my mouth.'
'I remember being approached by a male who asked if I was OK. I remember being pulled to my feet, then I felt someone again tugging at my rucksack.
'I was not in a position to defend myself and was still suffering from the effects of being hit. Once they had taken what they wanted they left.'
Last month 17-year-old Beau Isagba was convicted of attacking Mr Rossli while he cycled to see a frightened female friend. Isagba is due to be sentenced on March 9.

opinions of what you'd do to them?

AND another classic youtube