Make a donation

Author Topic: Interior Lights  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Interior Lights
« on: March 06, 2012, 12:05:49 am »
Going to get some of these (know few people have got them) silly question, but this is what the kit covers.

Are the smaller long ones for the footwells? and the long one for the centre of the roof?

2x panel very bright SMD LED bulbs

1x very bright SMD panel LED bulb

4x  very bright  SMD door LED bulbs

2x  very bright  panel LED ceiling bulb

'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
Re: Interior Lights
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 08:39:40 am »
The w5w bulbs are for the roof lining lights, the footwell lights also take a w5w bulb.  The festoon bulbs are for the numberplate lights and the interior boot light.

you will need to fit canbus error free bulbs for the numberplate lights  like these http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/error-free-leds/festoon-42mm/canbus-festoon-42mm-8-5050-smd-led-error-free-bulb-p-559.html  Take a bulb out of the number plate light and check the length as i can't recall if this one is the right size.

To do the interior you need 7 w5w bulbs (3 for rear roof lights, 2 for front roof lights and 2 for the footwell lights)

:happy2:
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 12:09:26 pm »

2x panel very bright SMD LED bulbs (501 bulbs for front footwell lighting)

1x very bright SMD panel LED bulb (39mm Festoon bulb for boot light)

4x  very bright  SMD door LED bulbs (501 bulbs for front and rear map reading/spot lights, 2 in each interior light)

2x  very bright  panel LED ceiling bulb (37mm Festoon bulb for main front and rear interior light)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:00:39 pm »

2x panel very bright SMD LED bulbs (501 bulbs for front footwell lighting)

1x very bright SMD panel LED bulb (39mm Festoon bulb for boot light)

4x  very bright  SMD door LED bulbs (501 bulbs for front and rear map reading/spot lights, 2 in each interior light)

2x  very bright  panel LED ceiling bulb (37mm Festoon bulb for main front and rear interior light)

My GTI does not have festoon bulbs in the main interior lights. So maybe different depending on age? Mine is a 2007 56 plate.

I have 2 501's in main front and 3 501's in the main rear, 1 501 in each footwell, 1 festoon in each interior mirror and 1 501 in the glove box. Not changed the one in the boot so need to put that on my list :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:06:13 am »
This is the same as mine,

But i pressume other have ones like this (with or without the sunroof controls)