Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone got a ps vita??  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Anyone got a ps vita??
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:54:28 pm »
I'm a bit of a gadget man so really tempted by one of these. Anyone got one? What are first impressions, seems a bit pricey!

Offline Action jackson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Anyone got a ps vita??
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:12:56 am »
i got one at the weekend and its absolutely brilliant,graphics are unreal and so smooth.plus you can browse the internet,play your own vids and music plus theres a lot of downloadable stuff from the playstation network.i would highly recommend this.different league to the psp.the only issue i have with mine is that i own a 3ds,wii and xbox and it was a bit of a whim purchase so mine will be up for sale and ill be buying coilovers.pm me for a good price.it as wipeout 2048 and a4gb memory card

Ifti

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:11:49 pm »
I've also considered one. Only thing holding me back is that you can get a new PS3 for the same amount you'd spend on the Vita!
Uncharted looks awesome on it though!!
Play.com have the PS Vita along with the Pre-Order pack (don't think you can get these at many other places now) for £189, which isn't too bad I guess...... Hmmmmm........

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 03:18:15 pm »
Save your money for the PS4, cant be too long before they release details  :grin:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 04:09:53 pm »
i got one at the weekend and its absolutely brilliant,graphics are unreal and so smooth.plus you can browse the internet,play your own vids and music plus theres a lot of downloadable stuff from the playstation network.i would highly recommend this.different league to the psp.the only issue i have with mine is that i own a 3ds,wii and xbox and it was a bit of a whim purchase so mine will be up for sale and ill be buying coilovers.pm me for a good price.it as wipeout 2048 and a4gb memory card
:signLOL: it's great buy one I have had mine 3 days, do you want to buy mine :laugh:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Action jackson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 06:57:51 pm »
I know sounds Irish but was playing this last night in the hotel and had buyers remorse as I purchased it on a whim and used my coil over money to buy it. Sat there playing it thinking this is a piece of kit, but knowing I have to start saving all over again for suspension. Plus I'm not that much of a gamer. My kids ds is what I usually. Ring or sit in the bar and get tonked. But it is a great piece of kit, so if your really into your gaming I'd say get one. I just know after a few weeks it'd be left at home the swmbo will kick off when I buy suspension and new wheels hehe

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 07:48:12 pm »
Save your money for the PS4, cant be too long before they release details  :grin:

Sony are well documented as saying that they have no plans to replace the PS3 until at least 2015. And even then, their new console will be delayed.

Rumours are abound that this year the new Xbox will be announced however.

Personally, i cant see the point of the Vita. Yes, graphics and controls are awesome, but the games will be £30-40 each, when you can get millions of games on an iPod Touch or iPhone for 69p - £5.

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 09:56:11 am »
Im impressed with mine so far - graphics are amazing for a handheld device, choice of launch games were pretty decent and it looks certain to only get better with remote play set to work on all ps3 games in the future, plus launches of vita cod and gran turismo in the pipeline.

Its an out and out games console rather than a jack of all trades apple device which are great for playing angry birds etc but when it comes down to first person shooters and racing games you really need the hand controls.

We will have to wait and see what the ipad3 offers next month when its released but one things for certain is it will be at least double the cost of a vita and you won't be able to turn on your ps3 from work and and race a few laps of the ring on your lunch break. 
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 01:18:30 pm »
Tell me more about remote play? Basically an RDP connection to your PS3 at home?

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 05:48:02 pm »
Tell me more about remote play? Basically an RDP connection to your PS3 at home?

You register your vita with your ps3 at home you can then remotely access it either at home via a private network or away via internet connection. It allows you to switch on and off the ps3 and you can currently access - playtv if you have it so watch live tv, bbc iplayer, videos stored, music and some basic games.

Recently Sony have announced an update for the ps3 that all been well will allow remote access play to all ps3 games so in theory you will be able to do what I mentioned earlier with gran turismo.

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 05:55:57 pm »
sorry to hijack the thread but can you watch SKY Tv through a PS3 in the same way you can watch SKY through the SKYGO app on an iPad

I have the PS3 linked to a TV in a different room to the one with the sky box and do not want to pay for another one.

thanks
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 06:11:40 pm »
xbox only for skygo

Ifti

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 10:42:25 pm »
Check out Amazon - they are currently doing a bundle deal where the PS Vita is £197, and you can get a game for £15 and a 8GB memory card for £20.