Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone on here into video editing?  (Read 1418 times)

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Anyone on here into video editing?
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:39:33 pm »
Looking to have some 'proper' videos made, our efforts with windows movie maker are 'ok' but for some interesting upcoming projects we are looking for something a bit better.

Any help or advice is much appreciated, or offers to help in exchange for some £££'s.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=tb0761lltg2j6qobj07iekr36u&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Anyone on here into video editing?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 10:42:32 pm »
I know some guys who are, they make awesome videos. Shall I tell them to get in touch?

The most important thing is having good raw footage, what are you recording with?

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:01:45 pm »
Have a decent DSLR with decent HD video capability, but up until now have been using Iphone4s as our editing skills are what are lacking, not the picture quality!

This is the type of stuff we ate putting together at present, very basic but does the job for now:

I have no idea of costs to make a professional video, so feel free to pass on my details to your contacts Rich, much appreciated.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=tb0761lltg2j6qobj07iekr36u&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »
To be honest, youll need some better video than that to make it look professional. Ive asked my friend, ill let you know if he is up for it.  :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 11:08:01 pm »
I know a man that can.  :happy2:

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 08:44:15 am »
give freemotion a email on freemovingelements@gmail.com, ask for andrew to give you a call and matt recommended you. They do some good stuff and are keen to get a larger portfolio so you might be helping each other out (they are all very good)

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 08:50:21 am »
Does this mean we'll get to see the video of you opening an ECU for unlocking and bench flashing you promised us ages ago??  :evilgrin:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline ady-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 01:14:00 pm »
That video is ok, does what it needs to without being too flashy which, imo, can detract from the subject of the video.

If you are after a better video creation software to do it yourself then give 'Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 Production Suite' a look, it costs about £80 but it'll do what you need and more.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 06:00:07 pm »
Does this mean we'll get to see the video of you opening an ECU for unlocking and bench flashing you promised us ages ago??  :evilgrin:

Will happily provide this vido if you want one, any specific areas of the process you want us to highlight?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 08:20:34 pm »
I'm just intrigued with the process of opening them up and unlocking to be honest.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 10:01:05 pm »
I will make a video with the next locked edc/med17 ecu that we do (saturday on a bmw 123d)

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 10:30:22 pm »
Ideal, Ta.  :happy2:
Stu...

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 05:03:10 pm »
Turned out to be an easy one, no security bolts or glued ecu cases, will do the next one  :happy2:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 07:38:20 pm »
Cool, I'll look out for it.
Stu...