Make a donation

Author Topic: Brembo Brakes - Edition 30  (Read 9030 times)

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
Re: Brembo Brakes - Edition 30
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 09:59:58 am »
EBC - through a contact I could get their pads at a knocked down price. I tried red stuff on one car, and yellow stuff on a track car. Red stuff were terrible on the road, and yellow stuff were horrid on track.
It may have just been the EBC greens I had but did you think the brakes felt like they had no bite? Like someone put grease on the discs? They had no feel and felt like a block of wood was touching the disc

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline the bruce

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 12:10:06 pm »
EBC = crap

:fighting:
"You get what you pay for."

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 07:19:54 pm »
EBC - through a contact I could get their pads at a knocked down price. I tried red stuff on one car, and yellow stuff on a track car. Red stuff were terrible on the road, and yellow stuff were horrid on track.
It may have just been the EBC greens I had but did you think the brakes felt like they had no bite? Like someone put grease on the discs? They had no feel and felt like a block of wood was touching the disc

Where do I start.....?

Red - No bite, narrow temperature band where they work and once exceeded are scary. The yellow stuff pads were dire when cold, poor when hot, inconsistent, and wore out before my eyes.

As I could get the pads so cheap (less than 50% retail) my brother tried a set of yellow stuff pads at the same time on a Clio 182. They didn't even last a track day! By comparison DS2500s on my track car have lasted 2 seasons (8 track days + a 6hr endurance event) and are about 2/3rs worn. On the clio DS2500s lasted 2 track days and near enough 2 years of road use.

Cheap and nasty E90 pads from a part factor are better!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:23:28 pm by alackofspeed »