Make a donation

Author Topic: Quality bodyshop needed!! Doncaster area  (Read 1453 times)

Offline al-tdi170

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Quality bodyshop needed!! Doncaster area
« on: March 01, 2012, 10:06:32 pm »
Can anyone recomend a top quality car painter please in the Doncaster area!
Basically the wind blew my door onto the wall. The door edge was creased so I got a dent guy out.
Its still not 100% !!!!
And basically needs sorting by a body shop. Filling ,flatting etc then painting.
Blending into the door and rear quarter. That's why I'm sh*tting myself lol. I want it back 100% mint.

I had a similar job done cheap on my last car and you could always tell where it was blended in, that's why I need a top quality job doing on my golf. 56 reg in black magic pearl I think ? Code lc9z.

Any advice is sooooooo much appreciated! Has anyone had similar damage repaired?
 Cheers

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Re: Quality bodyshop needed!! Doncaster area
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:22:01 pm »
Well, it's 35 miles away from you, but I always use Peter Fraser Accident Repair, west Hull, Anlaby. I've got good friends who work there, I've known the owner for 30 years. They have worked wonders for me when I need. Big job or touch up, I'd go nowhere else, full stop. Pm me if you want any more details buddy.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:30:24 pm »
Well, it's 35 miles away from you, but I always use Peter Fraser Accident Repair, west Hull, Anlaby. I've got good friends who work there, I've known the owner for 30 years. They have worked wonders for me when I need. Big job or touch up, I'd go nowhere else, full stop. Pm me if you want any more details buddy.

Could I have some details please. Having a nightmare sorting the wife's Lupo :-(

Offline al-tdi170

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 11:00:02 pm »
Please can you give me details etc.
Do they use an oven to bake the paint?
Its gotta be a top job, especially where they blend the paint either side of the door edge. I'm sure you understand my worry. It's my dream car and I want it back pristine with no signs of repair or damage.
Cheers!!!

Offline Turbosteve

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 06:50:46 am »
Custom paint.... DN4 8DE.    Go and see them, my mate uses them all the time for his t5 vans that he converts.  There is another one at swinton in Rotherham, very good prices cracking job...
Atb
Steve

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 07:02:56 am »
Yes, they have two ovens. And a four wheel alignment jig. Drop me a pm if you're going, and mention that I sent you there. They really are a top set up. As I said, I've known Peter for nearly 30 years, and I would never have any paint done anywhere but there. They also repaired & painted an ED30 rear valance that i sold to DereksGTI. The guys fitted it for him, after painting it to his spec. Drop him a pm and ask him what he thought.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,26953.msg347354.html#msg347354

Fraser Vehicle Repair Centre

Springfield Way, Anlaby HU10 6RJ

Tel: 01482 657924
    Tel: 01482 653780 (Parts)
    Fax: 01482 65832

More about us

Fraser Accident Repairs was founded in 1981 by Peter Fraser as an independent accident repairer who has invested over the last few years in the latest equipment and technology.

We repair all makes of cars and small commercial vehicles, whether you have had a small scrape or major accident, we have the expertise to repair your vehicle back to the pre-accident condition.

If you are involved in a non fault accident we can handle the arrangements for you. Courtesy cars are available.

A modern bright reception with caring staff greet customers upon arrival, with customer service our top priority.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)