Make a donation

Author Topic: Billy's Tornado Red 5DR Edition 30 DSG  (Read 10691 times)

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 9
  • I was born a while ago and I'm not dead yet.
    • Email
Billy's Tornado Red 5DR Edition 30 DSG
« on: March 04, 2012, 08:49:42 pm »
Bought my Edition 30 from Cooks of Stamford in Peterborough a couple of weeks back and brought it back up to its new home in Glasgow. We're now a two VW family as my fiancé has a red VW Fox on the driveway too!

My Edition 30 is number #1087 and it's got the following on it:

- DSG
- Cruise Control
- Bi-Xenon Headlights
- Multi Function Steering Wheel
- Reverse Park Distance Sensors
- Centre Armrest with iPod connection
- Dipping Reverse Mirror

The car also had an aftermarket Parrot 3200 LS Blutooth kit fitted and I've retrofitted an RNS 510 Version B sat nav (Thanks to golfman and Eddie-NL for doing that).

I've also added the seat inlays courtesy of gulfstream11, a rabbit badge, my numbered Edition 30 plaque, an extra Edition 30 badge to the front grille and I've got a Fast Jnr coming which will sit up on the dashboard.

As for future plans I'm thinking of getting rear windows tints done and maybe getting some of the carbon fibre paddle shift extenders. I'm also considering doing the stage one Revo remap on the car at some point but I want to live with it as standard for a while and see how I get on.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:54:11 pm by Billy »

Saintsteve

Re: Billy's Tornado Red 5DR Edition 30 DSG
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 09:09:57 pm »
Warm welcome fella... you have great taste...  :happy2:

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:12:51 pm »
Today I added some climate rings:

And a FAST who has been named Freddie!

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:09:50 pm »
Today I fitted some numberplate LEDs:

And had the Parrot bluetooth kit that came with my car eventually sorted out by Hannah Autosound in Glasgow:

Saintsteve

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 07:23:36 pm »
Where I'd you buy the LED bulbs from billy?

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 10:47:52 pm »
Where I'd you buy the LED bulbs from billy?

Here you go Steve: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LED-R-US

Offline golfman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 11:05:14 pm »
Great car well looked after and some very nice mods so far billy,are your chirps working now?

scott :happy2:

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 07:41:58 pm »
Great car well looked after and some very nice mods so far billy,are your chirps working now?

scott :happy2:

Chirps now working as of today when Verve VW in Glasgow managed to fit a replacement siren that works at last :happy2:

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 01:32:28 pm »
Booked my car in to get a front end respray as I wasn't too happy with the paintwork on the bonnet when I bought the car back in February plus it has quite a few stone chips.

Going to get the front splitter mid-section and the rear valance mid-section painted black as a few folk on here have done too as I reckon it really adds something to the look of the car having a bit of black detail on it  :happy2:

Sadly, the place I use is really busy so 9th May before I can get it done :surprised:

Saintsteve

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 04:50:01 pm »
Booked my car in to get a front end respray as I wasn't too happy with the paintwork on the bonnet when I bought the car back in February plus it has quite a few stone chips.

Going to get the front splitter mid-section and the rear valance mid-section painted black as a few folk on here have done too as I reckon it really adds something to the look of the car having a bit of black detail on it  :happy2:

Sadly, the place I use is really busy so 9th May before I can get it done :surprised:
Most have wrapped with black gloss wrap, it's because it's easier to return to stock if buyer prefers unmodded looks.

Ever thought about wet sanding Rather then respray billy?  Hope you may of seen my recent thread on the same Stonechips issue on mine.

Offline greyedition30GTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 06:00:49 pm »
Very nice mate! Similar spec to mine! enjoy :)

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 09:22:05 pm »

Most have wrapped with black gloss wrap, it's because it's easier to return to stock if buyer prefers unmodded looks.

Yeah, thought about getting vinyl wrap on it but have decided on the p[aint as it obviously works out cheaper to kill two boards with one stone plus I've only had the car since February so not planning to sell any time soon and any future prospective buyer would be mad not to prefer the black touches  :laugh:

What's the benefit of the wet sanding methed over painting Steve?

Ever thought about wet sanding Rather then respray billy?  Hope you may of seen my recent thread on the same Stonechips issue on mine.

Saintsteve

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 09:31:36 pm »

Yeah, thought about getting vinyl wrap on it but have decided on the p[aint as it obviously works out cheaper to kill two boards with one stone plus I've only had the car since February so not planning to sell any time soon and any future prospective buyer would be mad not to prefer the black touches  :laugh:

What's the benefit of the wet sanding methed over painting Steve?

main benefit is, by putting on fresh paint, it will make your paint softer. by wet sanding and filling the old chips, you maintain the factory's paint finish, especially with red, it tends to look for orange peel the more you add to it. up to you fella at the end of the day. I'm glad I chose wet sand and repair, due to the outcome.

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 09:39:54 pm »
Very nice mate! Similar spec to mine! enjoy :)

You obviously have great taste :laugh:

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 02:25:50 pm »
Had my rear windows tinted today by Pentagon in Glasgow. Really pleased with the results - just need to wait a day or two for it all to settle then I'll get some better pics up  :smiley: