Make a donation

Author Topic: James GTI Ko4 2.0tfsi 401bhp - launch control?  (Read 133157 times)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
Re: James GTI Ko4 2.0tfsi 401bhp - launch control?
« Reply #240 on: October 23, 2012, 06:01:32 pm »
Id this a custom map or did you have it added to a revo/apr/etc? if so did it cost much if you dont mind me asking? would be really interested in getting launch control. when you say in neutral you mean in gear with clutch depressed right?

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #241 on: October 23, 2012, 06:06:00 pm »
custom map, did not cost me anything im a r-tech guinea pig somthing new to try  :drinking:  "when you say in neutral you mean in gear with clutch depressed right?" correct.

you get a nice little burrble to  :happy2: nothing like the 5pot STs!!  :confused:

Was not sure if anyone else had it from another company and how they found it.

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: October 23, 2012, 06:15:54 pm »
James - On your launch control, does it build boost when your sitting there with the revs held at 3,000rpm like proper launch?
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #243 on: October 23, 2012, 06:21:53 pm »
no, did not think you needed it as it does that when you dump the clutch.    If i had boost also i would never move.

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Re: James GTI Ko4 2.0tfsi 401bhp 447lbft ;)
« Reply #244 on: October 23, 2012, 06:34:03 pm »
Anyone else got launch control for their manual GTIs?

Wondering how you find it,    i have tried it at 3k & 4k   but seems to bog down or spin lol.

I have just had it fitted, not tried it yet though  :smiley:

what kit is that with? omex or wotbox? or did you have it mapped in somehow?

Thanks

Along with the LO4XX Brian has fitted the Wotbox i have had laying around for app. 6 month. He's out dialling the map in now, just spoke with him, and he kept grinning  :drool:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: October 23, 2012, 06:40:45 pm »
no, did not think you needed it as it does that when you dump the clutch.    If i had boost also i would never move.

Haha yes, but on a 4wd car it would be awesome. My friend is working on this at the moment, proper launch control that makes boost but on the standard management too.

We want to get it to work on DSG cars aswell, so when your sitting with launch control on at 4,000 rpm your making say 15psi of boost, now that be fun on an S3!
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #246 on: October 23, 2012, 06:51:29 pm »
I just talked with nick r tech and it is not possible to get boost as the ecu works on load to make boost.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #247 on: October 23, 2012, 07:28:22 pm »
I just talked with nick r tech and it is not possible to get boost as the ecu works on load to make boost.

Can they not "trick" the ECU into thinking it is making load (as everything is run by computers and sensors anyway) ??

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: October 23, 2012, 07:50:26 pm »
To make it happen a new sub function routine would need to be patched into a blank space of the MED9 ecu code.  The raw basics off the function would need to allow the throttle plate to be fully open while clutch swith pressed, at the same time the timing needs to be removed to produce heat and to hold the engine speed static, then all the other functions will need to be changed to allow it to work and not trigger limp mode or faults, one being the missfire controls and timing controls.   
  The hard bit is getting the car to build boost static with out load on the engine, its a bit like wheel spinning in the wet the lost of traction reduces the engine load and the boost wont match its target request.

ME7.5 launch control with boost build can be done, http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=607.0    but ME9 ecu is much more complex and I cannot see a perfect anti lag launch happening without the aid of external equipment.

Nick Gower
R-Tech Performance Tuning
Hinckley 01455 617233
Bespoke ECU Software for 1.8T & 2.0TFSI

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: October 23, 2012, 07:59:12 pm »
At the moment the only option for MED9 launch control is a 2 step function to aid traction like and F1 car, not to build boost like a rally car.

This is the first fully woking version of a 2step aid traction launch which I have wrote for the MED9 ecu for my ST maps.  I am now working on to add it and getting it working perfect on VAG MED9.

Video > http://hexplus.co.uk/

and my first effort of traction launch control on me7.5 1.8T ecu 

IMO having a boost build launch on a 2wd tfsi will be over kill,  on a Golf R or S3 it would be epic.......  Look at the APR 2step launch on keith's Golf R........AWESOME!!!!
Nick Gower
Hinckley 01455 617233

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: James GTI with K04 (re-remapped)
« Reply #250 on: October 25, 2012, 09:38:13 am »
yep, the s3 g247 made my engine run lean.

It is do with the voltage they signal on,  bwa has one point and it seems the s3 has to points.

Tips.
Just change it on your drive! only took me 1.5 days on my own, really easily job  :drinking:

We found the k03 ecus run a 140bar rail pressure sensor with a 2 point linear 0-5v scale in the software, and the k04 ecus run a 200bar sensor with a 3 point 0-5v scale to give better reading at higher rail demands.   Since finding this out on james CDL I have now produced a base map to run the k04 sensors on the k03 sw.
Nick Gower
Hinckley 01455 617233

Offline paulmk5gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: James GTI with K04 (re-remapped)
« Reply #251 on: October 25, 2012, 12:22:36 pm »

It is do with the voltage they signal on,  bwa has one point and it seems the s3 has to points.

Tips.
Just change it on your drive! only took me 1.5 days on my own, really easily job  :drinking:

We found the k03 ecus run a 140bar rail pressure sensor with a 2 point linear 0-5v scale in the software, and the k04 ecus run a 200bar sensor with a 3 point 0-5v scale to give better reading at higher rail demands.   Since finding this out on james CDL I have now produced a base map to run the k04 sensors on the k03 sw.
this sounds very interesting as I am in the middle of dropping a CDL Engine in to my mk5 so it would be benifcial running the k04 rail pressure sensor rather than the k03 sensor? 8)8)

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #252 on: October 25, 2012, 12:39:19 pm »

Tips.

We found the k03 ecus run a 140bar rail pressure sensor with a 2 point linear 0-5v scale in the software, and the k04 ecus run a 200bar sensor with a 3 point 0-5v scale to give better reading at higher rail demands.   Since finding this out on james CDL I have now produced a base map to run the k04 sensors on the k03 sw.
this sounds very interesting as I am in the middle of dropping a CDL Engine in to my mk5 so it would be benifcial running the k04 rail pressure sensor rather than the k03 sensor? 8)8)

Unless you use the ECU from the CDL it won't work, H4RDY has made a topic abut this.

Over the top mod list ;o)

h4rdy

« Reply #253 on: October 25, 2012, 12:47:52 pm »

Tips.

Unless you use the ECU from the CDL it won't work, H4RDY has made a topic abut this.

All because of this thread.

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #254 on: October 25, 2012, 01:31:56 pm »
Or it can be mapped in to it, by your mappers
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !