Make a donation

Author Topic: bugger, think i had my picture taken by a yellow camera..  (Read 3065 times)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
Re: bugger, think i had my picture taken by a yellow camera..
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 04:36:42 pm »
 :evilgrin: like your thinking but i think you would need to make the gaps larger rather than just one big block.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 05:21:32 pm »
:evilgrin: like your thinking but i think you would need to make the gaps larger rather than just one big block.

Its probably easier to drill a hole in the case and pour in a pint of petrol like someone kept doing with the one just down the road from my old house, they must have replaced it about 7 times before giving up and removing it!
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

h4rdy

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 06:08:52 pm »
Do they actually take 2 pics then, and then calculate the speed travelled by the time taken between the distance travelled in both shots - hence the reason for lane markings etc?
Just wondering, as if the person mentioned aove went to court, how else would you prove the distance travelled and time taken?

I believe that to be true yes.

There was one nearish to me that kept getting chopped off with a petrol grinder.
Then burnt etc etc.
Its still there though they must have give up before the rozzers.
To clarify, I actually believe there should be more in 30 limits. Also some of the 30 limits are a joke and should be 20 especially at school start and finish times.
It scares me when I walk the kids to school and I see some of these Soccer Mums driving like crazy.
Actually no maybe not more cameras but definately some way of clamping down on people who openly flaunt the laws and put people at risk.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 06:15:31 pm »
Those who speed through villages or past schools need clamping down on and agred speed limits should be 100% adhered to , 100% agree with that.

What I dont agree with is Mobile cameras on a 60 limit road in the middle of nowhere with no junctions/side roads, thats just police cash converters!
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 07:00:18 pm »
Agree, its a can of worms all this speed and what who when where because there will always people for or against. the road i was in for examole should be a 40 or atleast the stretch i was on seeig as i was aboht to join a 40. Personally id put speed bumps outside schools or those strips across the road that makes the car shake when you go to fast. mobile are a pain, my misses dad had a co literally jump from behind a wall and got him in the countryside. with nothing around. your meant to immediately ask for proof of calibration as each speed gun needs to be calibrated that day and if they cant prove it you can contest it. well, that was what i was told at modified nationals way back!

Offline Trekmeister

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 10
  • Golf GT 140
Re: Re: bugger, think i had my picture taken by a yellow camera..
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 08:19:43 pm »
There was a traffic cop in north yorkshire who would place his car behind a brick bus stop and wait inside the shelter. The road in question was a long stretch of straight country road after leaving a village he made a lot of revenue from his tactics as people began to accelerate out of the village into a 60 zone. He would catch them just prior to the 60 limit, caught me at 37mph.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

h4rdy

Re: Re: bugger, think i had my picture taken by a yellow camera..
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 07:55:33 am »
There was a traffic cop in north yorkshire who would place his car behind a brick bus stop and wait inside the shelter. The road in question was a long stretch of straight country road after leaving a village he made a lot of revenue from his tactics as people began to accelerate out of the village into a 60 zone. He would catch them just prior to the 60 limit, caught me at 37mph.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Same thing in my village. There is a 30mph stretch all through the village that turns into a 60mph.
IMHO fair doo's its not 60mph until you pass that sign, its not a run up!
Its 30mph for a reason, the reason is that there is a Garden Centre with Entrance and Exit, a row of shops, a Dentist etc etc.
Loads of people scream through the 30mph at 60mph just because it leads onto the straight.
There was a mobile camera there the other day and some idiot friend of a friend posted on FB where it was, she got torn a new one by everybody and she removed the post.

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 08:22:51 pm »
Village people  :signLOL:
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)