Make a donation

Author Topic: Awesome the new 911  (Read 2798 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Awesome
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 08:00:10 am »
Oh I forgot the price too it's about 90k ish  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:51:23 pm by MAT ED30 »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 08:06:34 am »
Shamone Mother Fu.......  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Gorgeous  :congrats:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 12:22:50 pm »
Well took the car back yesterday  :sad1: and i can honestly say i loved it  :love: ,the noise the car makes in sports mode is simply stunning  :evilgrin:.The car overall was very easy to drive fast due to the wider track the car now has up front and made for a fantastic chassis and for me is a lot more composed than the all of the 996 models i have driven in the past  :driver:.The car has some very trick little things for mpg like stop start feature and a coasting feature that when coasting drops the rpm to around 800rpm to save fuel but touch the throttle and its instantly back on the power,i also noticed when on long drives just how chilled out and quiet the car was i.e. no noise what so ever not even much engine noise.
The big thing with this car is the gearbox as most people know i hate auto boxes  :rolleye: it could have been the fact it was in a porsche but it just works so well on the car i.e. super smooth and silly silly quick and was easy to use on the steering wheel and also on the manuel mode on the box but think i would like 7 speed proper box 

As for the steering on the car i noticed in the press and Top gear that they all complained about it and after talking to the guys at porsche they told me on the press day at silverstone that they all loved it and i should make my own mind up on the steering and i have and my verdict is they are talking poo  :signLOL:,on the normal everyday setup the steering is a pleasure to drive around town and over speed bumps and on the mtr way and just could not say a bad thing about it and once you press the sports and chassis button the whole car just stiffens up even the throttle response is quicker and the steering is sharper oh and the noise from the exhaust is something else  :evilgrin: i have vids but not stupid enough to put them on  :rolleye:.The brake on the car are good when pressing on a bit but not sure what pads they come with as i think they could have done with a bit more bite to em but as they are an everyday pad they are good
fronts look small in a 20'' wheel

and the rears

295 rear section tyre too  :love:
i have to say it lived up to what i thought it would be like and don't get me wrong i am sure plenty of things would have beat this car in term of pace or power but in this car who cares its a Porsche 911 and was a pleasure to drive and it just shows how much a model can change over the years.

Only downside rear headroom not the best but was ok for my 5 year old son and the boot is ok

oh and now i want one even more  :rolleye:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
Re: Awesome the new 911
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 12:56:31 pm »
Credit to you Mat, that's a really good little write up!

Lovely isn't it! I've been out in one too and it's just on another level!
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Awesome the new 911
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2012, 01:12:49 pm »
 :drinking: thanks mate how did you find it? what gearbox and model?