Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk6 GTD  (Read 8246 times)

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
Mk6 GTD
« on: March 09, 2012, 06:24:43 pm »
Im going to order my wife a GTD with the following spec;

5door Golf GTD
Candy white
18" alloys
DSG
rear airbags
dynaudio
sunroof
xenon's
heated seats
cruise
Parking sensors
RCD510/RNS510??
lux pack

Can I save myself some money and retrofit cruise control and the RNS510 - is it all plug and ply like the MK5. Will it work with the dynaudio etc?

Cheers in advance

Oli
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Starshaped

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Mk6 GTD
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:36:45 pm »
They had problems with the cruise control from about 2010 and the kits have literally only just been released,some of them need the steering column ecu and some dont so fitted price is either about 230 or 400 depending if it needs it or not,i think i would save any hassle and order it.

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 06:49:20 pm »
I have noticed that any mk6 that has an RCD doesn't have an aerial and the ones that have the RNS have the shark fin on the roof, not sure how this would effect retro fitting but my mk5 hasn't got an arial and an RNS retrofitted fine with the GPS puck

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 07:11:20 pm »
I'm sure you could retrofit the sharksfin.  :wink:

Can you have the Dynaudio without RNS? Regarding the cruise dunno. I would say factory fit just in case.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 07:14:17 pm »
They had problems with the cruise control from about 2010 and the kits have literally only just been released,some of them need the steering column ecu and some dont so fitted price is either about 230 or 400 depending if it needs it or not,i think i would save any hassle and order it.

I was quoted £200 on a 5-door DSG GTD. Otherwise the spec, excluding colour, was very similar to that.

Offline Gaz_Vrs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 08:43:41 pm »
A mate of mine has a 61 plate GTD and he couldnt have cruise control as it wasnt available at the time. He had a phonecall last week to say that it is now available. Very nice car though :-)

Offline Starshaped

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 10:33:37 pm »

I was quoted £200 on a 5-door DSG GTD. Otherwise the spec, excluding colour, was very similar to that.

How old was it? 2009 and 2010 use same stalk as Mk5,2010 onwards has a double stalk with the wiper switch part of it.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 08:49:41 am »

How old was it? 2009 and 2010 use same stalk as Mk5,2010 onwards has a double stalk with the wiper switch part of it.

I specced a brand new one...

Offline Starshaped

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 01:47:03 pm »
The price difference between retrofit and factory is minimal i think since the car is being factory ordered anyway it would be better on this occasion.

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 02:51:40 am »
The dealers will now retro fit cruise for 170 so speak to your dealer for a deal.
Satnav easy retrofit did mine easier than mk5
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 10:49:09 am »
You are about to buy a brand new car and you are worried about a few hundred pounds  :rolleye:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 06:23:13 pm »
I've sold my wife's car, so I've managed to get a GTD out of my local dealer for a long weekend. It's a very basic spec, in fact I don't think it has any options, bar 5 door and metallic paint, but all the same I have to say, so far I'm very impressed. We've done approx 90 miles today, over a good mix of roads, mostly town, and it's averaging 48mpg :surprised:  I've been having a good play in it as well.....  Engine sounds great for a diesel, but I understand it's been enhanced digitally??, performance is ok, but a pain in a manual as you are for ever changing gear and short shifting, due to the smaller rev range- we will be having the DSG, and I'll get it mapped to approx 200-210bhp, which will satisfy my needs until I decide what car I want next! Handling is good, but we'll have the 18's not the 17's as fitted to the demo.  To be fair it'll be perfect for my wife, she's loved all the golfs we've had previously, and even though she doesn't do many miles, diesel is the better option, as we'll hardly have to fill it up and in this ever increasing fuel price culture we're in, it'll be an added bonus, and she loves driving this one bar the manual gearbox.  Her driving is mainly town - school runs etc, so this will be easy to park, and manoeuvre. 

Looks wise, I think they've got it spot on, but then bar the rear stripe and exhaust position it looks the same as a GTI - I may change the grille trim to red as I think it looks better than the chrome. And I like the dark grey of the demo, I'm pretty set on white, but come order time, I could do a last minute switch!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 06:24:41 pm »
You are about to buy a brand new car and you are worried about a few hundred pounds  :rolleye:

The sat nav is a £2k dealer option, I can get them refurbed with a warranty for approx £650, so hardly a few hundred pounds.  :P

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 06:29:34 pm »
that stilllooks nice for the standard motor

Offline Oli