Make a donation

Author Topic: Megs Goldclass Endurance Tyre Gel.  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Megs Goldclass Endurance Tyre Gel.
« on: March 10, 2012, 01:42:18 pm »

This stuff is brilliant! I put 2 coats on a couple of weeks ago, washed the car earlier today, and the tyres still look dressed!

Smells amazing too!  :drool:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Megs Goldclass Endurance Tyre Gel.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 01:54:06 pm »
Works best if you scrub the tyres clean so there's no muck on them. TBH I've found it doesn't last for more than a few days unless short runs, dry weather etc.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 02:12:26 pm »

I do scrub them clean first, then let them dry. I think putting a second coat on 10 minutes after the first is what made it last so much longer this time.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 02:31:23 pm »
TBH I've found it doesn't last for more than a few days unless short runs, dry weather etc.

same. how long it lasts also depends on how youve been driving and not so much what yourve been driving through to get them dirty.

Slower you drive the longer it lasts  :smiley:

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 02:39:13 pm »
Taken from the Megs website:

your tires are designed to perform under extreme conditions of heat via kinetic energy transfer, high speeds for long periods of time and incredible forces of torque and flexing. That's a lot to ask from a chunk of rubber, inflated with air like a cream filled donut.

The science behind the modern rubber formulas used by major tire manufactures today is both complex and interesting. The rubber itself contains and ingredient called Antiozonant.

Antiozonant is an ingredient that helps to prevent the exterior rubber surface from cracking, checking, oxidizing, and deteriorating. The rubber is designed in such a way as to constantly work its way to the outside of the tire and as such, continually replenish the exterior surface with fresh antiozonant.

After the antiozonant works its way to the outside of the tire and is exposed to the ozone in the air, it turns brown. The technical term for this effect is blooming.

This is why you see a brown film on the surface your tires. You can wash your tires with soap or an all-purpose cleaner and remove this film, but in a few weeks, it's back. That's because the antiozonant continually works its way to the outside of the tires every time you drive your car.

Thus before applying a dressing you really need to do a thorough job of cleaning the outer surface of the tire to remove any spent antiozonants as well as any previously applied dressing and this will prepare the rubber to accept a fresh application of tire dressing.

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 07:15:08 pm »
Love the stuff me , its the best tyre dressing ive ever used (I can remember the days of painting that tyre black stuff on with paintbrush out of a tin!)
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 07:49:22 pm »
I use 303 on mine. Seems to last a couple of weeks at best then needs doing again.

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 07:53:34 pm »
I always found I got too much sling off this stuff. I just ordered some gtechniq t1 which is supposed to be one of the longer lasting tyre dressings

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=vv0ip8jkce30lvgmpafh42tk6m&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 07:59:36 pm »
Heavyd.... Let us know how you get on with the gtechniq please.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 08:03:45 pm »

This stuff is brilliant! I put 2 coats on a couple of weeks ago, washed the car earlier today, and the tyres still look dressed!

Smells amazing too!  :drool:

..........x2.Gets my vote. :happy2:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline strapper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 10:04:46 pm »
Gtechniq t1 is really good lasts longer than meguiars which is also good.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mzfdgy
Tornado red mk5 Gti no more
Tornado red 3dr mk5 R32, leather recaros, satnav, arm rest, electricaly folding wing mirrors, sunroof, parking sensors, wOOwzers I've just made a mess of my trousers!l
Mk7 Gti 5dr solid white