Make a donation

Author Topic: Interior Detail  (Read 963 times)

Offline kevinw90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
  • GTI!
Interior Detail
« on: March 15, 2012, 11:36:19 pm »
Helloooo,  looking for some advice.  The grey finish around the centre consol and dash could be doing with a waken up on my mk gti!  Any recomendations of what products leave a nice matt natural looking shine?  Only ever really done a cars interior with black plastics and used a cheap cleaner which was all shiney and looked really bad.  Just wondering what worked will with the grey.

Also anyone any tips on meaning the steering wheel not look as shiney?  Mine is the grey leather wheel and its not bad but would like to make it look nice and matte again.  My seats are fine as I clean themn reguarly but wasnt sure what to use on the wheel??

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
kevin

Offline RossL

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Interior Detail
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:51:56 pm »
Cleanyourcar.co.uk has a few items for interior trim that isn't tacky or shiny just brings its back to life.

One I can recommend is Poorboy's Natural Look Trim Dressing or the Chemical Guys one.

In regards to the steering wheel normal leather cleaner is fine, unfortunately though the shininess is something that permanent from where you hands wear the leather down.

Ross.