Make a donation

Author Topic: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±  (Read 154143 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±
« Reply #585 on: September 28, 2012, 03:25:49 pm »
I thought Mclaren were going to be using Renault engines.  Could be wrong mind...  :confused:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #586 on: September 28, 2012, 03:26:51 pm »
I thought they were developing their own engine :confused:

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #587 on: September 28, 2012, 03:27:02 pm »
I thought Mclaren were going to be using Renault engines.  Could be wrong mind...  :confused:

is that becuase of the megane's times at the ring???

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #588 on: September 28, 2012, 03:33:50 pm »
This season maybe, but rumour is that Mercedes are investing massively in the team with the aim of having the quickest car on the grid next year. Plus they have a master tactician in Brawn. On top of that we have no idea what engine McLaren will be using next year.

to be fair, isnt that what all the teams want?

Yeah, but not many have the financial clout of Mercedes behind them!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #589 on: September 28, 2012, 03:36:02 pm »

As far as money is concerned, I don't know what business you're in, but if you were offered double your salary to work for one of your competitors would you not do it?

But if i was earning millions already and had the option of

A- being offered slightly less, but ultimately still millions to stay at one of the top 3 teams in F1 with the best chance of winning the title(IMO of course)

or

B- Being offered more money but ultimately its still millions but being at a team that have not been at the top of their game in the last few seasons, but are promising to deliver the title because they are 'investing'

I'd go with option A every time.  I mean whats an extra million or two, when your already earning multimillion sums of money, and get gifted cars, clothes, holidays etc etc. 

You say that (and I'd like to say the same), but ultimately if you've never been in that situation you'll never know, unfortunately!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=lbh4i4j79k508ga6vhub2ue5nu&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #590 on: September 28, 2012, 03:36:27 pm »

LOL.... and they are using road tyres as well???  :signLOL:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #591 on: September 28, 2012, 03:44:49 pm »
Not pointing fingers at you for that, just generally how this thread was going.

However I'm still waitin to see the reasoning behind your statement that he's not able to be a consistent winner, when he already proved as a school boy that he was.

Who remembers that gp2 race in turkey? Perhaps it's youtubing time, ad they were all in same machinery.

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #592 on: September 28, 2012, 03:49:48 pm »

LOL.... and they are using road tyres as well???  :signLOL:

i know, i dont know why they dont just use the megane as it is now for the races, would be the next logical step

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=lbh4i4j79k508ga6vhub2ue5nu&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #593 on: September 28, 2012, 04:29:23 pm »
Not pointing fingers at you for that, just generally how this thread was going.

However I'm still waitin to see the reasoning behind your statement that he's not able to be a consistent winner, when he already proved as a school boy that he was.

Who remembers that gp2 race in turkey? Perhaps it's youtubing time, ad they were all in same machinery.

Unfortunately I cannot give you proof of a gut feeling. Time will reveal all.  :happy2:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #594 on: September 28, 2012, 05:23:05 pm »
Best time for Hamilton to leave IMO and as mentioned, to work with Ross Brawn is a big insentive, got to be better than than tit Witmarsh, he needs sacking. Yes it's probably got a lot to do with the money and if that's his sole reason, he's a plank. If your earning £10million a year do you really need £15 million?

It would appear, according to the interweb that McLaren are developing their own engine and have been since 2009 when thee deal to end their partnership with Mercedes was announced. Can't see that engine coming straight out of the box and winning races/championships but who knows.

Great move by Mclaren to bag Perez, one to watch. I think this will make for a far better championship with Hamilton at Mercedes. We will have Hamilton, Perez, Vettel and Alonso all gunning for it.

Does seem like Vettel may be inline to join Gonzo at Ferrari in 2 years time.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #595 on: September 28, 2012, 06:40:50 pm »
If Mercedes and Brawn can produce a competitve car then it will be a fantastic move for Lewis.

But been a McLaren and Lewis fan I am still a little disappointed, although the relationship between the two has gone a bit stale of late, he has driven brilliantly this season but been let down by pit crew errors, mechanical failures and a crazy french driver.

Button has been mediocre this season to say the least, I also think he has been instrumental in Hamilton's departure from McLaren, so good luck to him next season as he will certainly need it with Perez as his new teamate.
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #596 on: September 28, 2012, 07:39:29 pm »
Disappointed hes left, british team and british drivers and all..... i guess wait and see if the grass is greener. Engines a side, imo its more about the car designer, its alright plowing money into next seasons car but its the guy with the pencil that wins you titles.

Offline Bernhard30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #597 on: September 28, 2012, 10:19:56 pm »
I hope it doesn't work out this way as Hamilton is surely the fastest driver there is.

But this move had the real whiff of Villeneuve and BAR about it when Jacques moved from Williams, in my view. Lots of salary not much results.

But suppose for Lewis having the Merc team built around him, like FA has at Ferrari, is what the lad wants and his ego perhaps needs.

Any news on Schumacher for next year?

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #598 on: September 29, 2012, 12:01:21 am »
2014 regs are all about the engine. Whoever has a strong engine will excel.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #599 on: September 29, 2012, 12:52:54 am »
^^^^
No news about Schumi.....  yet!

I think that quite a few teams would have him but the smaller teams can't afford him. Peter Sauber has said he wouldn't hesitate to have Schumi.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!