Make a donation

Author Topic: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±  (Read 159889 times)

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±
« Reply #645 on: October 14, 2012, 12:18:39 pm »
only read the race report but doubt I'm gonna watch the race as it seems a pretty boring one.

Most entertaining bit was watching the BBC F1 team dance to gangnam style.

And Vettel and webber giving it a go

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #646 on: October 14, 2012, 12:35:15 pm »
Not a particularly exciting race but a good result IMO.

Seb is now leading the championship but by only 6 points from Alonso.

Alonso came 3rd and Massa (I'm really pleased to say) came a close 4th.

Lewis had all sorts of car problems but, true to his spirit as a racer, fought all the way to the finishing line.

The BBC presentation was great and also good on the Red Button after the race. Seb Vettel showed yet again what a great personality he is - He is naturally very funny and a very genuine guy.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #647 on: October 14, 2012, 12:40:14 pm »

^ Apparently when they first tried to have their meal, Grosjean knocked all the plates out of the waiters' hands  :laugh:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #648 on: October 14, 2012, 01:43:19 pm »
Redbull back on form then and the title pretty much in the bag for vettell, which would mean 3 successive titles and therfore a massive over estimation of his talents :indifferent:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #649 on: October 14, 2012, 03:56:19 pm »

Redbull back on form then and the title pretty much in the bag for vettell, which would mean 3 successive titles and therfore a massive over estimation of his talents :indifferent:

....The Drivers Championship title is most certainly not "pretty much in the bag" for Vettel - He is only 6pts ahead and there are 4 more races to go - Do the maths. However, he is looking strong and may indeed win the title. Currently, RedBull have a much stronger chance of winning the Constructors Championship if you do the maths.

The Drivers Championship winner needs more than only talent. Seb Vettel hasn't achieved his results (and consequently championship points) by "a massive over estimation of his talents" as you describe it. Neither has he achieved his results by default - He has won points in races fair and square. 2012 continues to be a closely fought season.

If we/you want to make judgements about F1 driver's talents, they are ALL pretty talented. In my own opinion, I would rank Alonso and Hamilton as currently the most 'talented' but there are some other very close contenders for that description.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #650 on: October 14, 2012, 04:34:44 pm »
Im sorry but vettel winning 3 straight driver titles in a row is an over estimation of his talents. In the same car Alonso or hamilton would show him up, kinda like hamilton did in gp2.

The ferrari is off the pace of the redbull and short of the redbull braking down, Vettell has it like i said pretty much in the bag.

Alonso and Hamilton are in a league of their own compared to the other drivers.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #651 on: October 14, 2012, 08:42:07 pm »
only read the race report but doubt I'm gonna watch the race as it seems a pretty boring one.

Most entertaining bit was watching the BBC F1 team dance to gangnam style.

And Vettel and webber giving it a go

Wow Lee (Chungster) really does get about doesn't he!!  :laugh:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #652 on: October 14, 2012, 09:12:52 pm »
 :signLOL:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #653 on: October 15, 2012, 09:11:47 am »
Alonso and Hamilton are in a league of their own compared to the other drivers.

With Ferrari confirming Massa will stay with them until 2014 it looks like we're definitely going to see Vettel in a Ferrari - then we'll really see who is the fastest.

To be honest I can't understand it from either drivers point of view. Vettel is going to a team who operate a driver hierarchy, and Alonso is number 1. And Alonso is getting a team mate who I don't think will be happy settling for number 2 status.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #654 on: October 15, 2012, 09:39:00 am »

With Ferrari confirming Massa will stay with them until 2014 it looks like we're definitely going to see Vettel in a Ferrari - then we'll really see who is the fastest.

To be honest I can't understand it from either drivers point of view. Vettel is going to a team who operate a driver hierarchy, and Alonso is number 1. And Alonso is getting a team mate who I don't think will be happy settling for number 2 status.

....That would be so true if it was the case but Vettel going to Ferrari is by no means certain and a lot can happen between now and the end of the 2014 season.

I'm betting that Alonso will stay at Ferrari until his retirement. I have to say that I like him again since he has been at Ferrari - Apart from being one of the most talented drivers he is loyal and committed to Ferrari - He fits in perfectly as a family member - The Spanish-Italian cultural mix is perfect. For example, I can't see Button ever driving for Ferrari - He's far too English in his character and outlook. Lewis is more 'international'.

I'm really happy that Felipe Massa is finding his old self again and I hope he continues. He's very good at turning in a very fast Quali lap and this could help his grid positions.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #655 on: October 15, 2012, 10:35:55 am »

....That would be so true if it was the case but Vettel going to Ferrari is by no means certain and a lot can happen between now and the end of the 2014 season.

Well it's Ferrari making all the noises at the moment. They are openly talking about a signed contract. With Felipe finding some form I'd personally prefer that to continue beyond 2013, but it's unlikely. I'm still massively gutted he didn't win the title back in Brazil '08.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #656 on: October 15, 2012, 04:37:33 pm »

Well it's Ferrari making all the noises at the moment. They are openly talking about a signed contract. With Felipe finding some form I'd personally prefer that to continue beyond 2013, but it's unlikely. I'm still massively gutted he didn't win the title back in Brazil '08.

....I wasn't aware of any Ferrari-Vettel discussions.

Yep, I was massa-ively gutted for Felipe back in '08 too  :sad1: - I wasn't anti-Lewis but just felt that Felipe deserved it. I don't expect he'll ever manage to win a F1 championship.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7rte7nrgc7m3ihdg2qapuosl8e&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2012, 06:36:37 pm »
@ Nath...  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #658 on: October 27, 2012, 10:33:27 am »
It's all got a bit boring :indifferent:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #659 on: October 27, 2012, 05:16:01 pm »
It's all got a bit boring :indifferent:

Hasn't it just. Especially after the great start to the season with all the different drivers winning.