Make a donation

Author Topic: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±  (Read 160073 times)

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
Re: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±
« Reply #915 on: March 28, 2013, 10:08:36 pm »
I like the top comment in that video sy :grin:

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #916 on: March 28, 2013, 10:32:24 pm »
Bunch of duplicitous, two-faced sh*ts.

Either let them race or ensure team orders are obeyed.  :fighting:

Red Bull Rulebook:  Let them race when Vettel is behind and team orders when its Webber playing the rear gunner.

One rule for the golden boy of Red Bull and one for the number 2 driver (whomever that may be). You'd assume that before now Webber would have twigged he's merely the "other" driver.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #917 on: March 29, 2013, 10:32:03 am »

Bunch of duplicitous, two-faced sh*ts.

Either let them race or ensure team orders are obeyed.  :fighting:

....I agree. It should strictly be one or the other.

Personally, I think that all 'Team Orders' should be is Advice from the team and not Orders.

The team's job is to produce and maintain the car for the driver.

The driver's job is to race it!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #918 on: April 11, 2013, 10:02:27 am »
Some interesting comments coming from Vettel in the pre-Chinese GP press conference. All from Martin Brundle's Twitter feed:

"Vettel says he didn't understand Multi 21, was looking on the steering wheel menu for it. Says Webber didn't deserve help for the victory"

"Vettel confident/punchy. Taking major heat from fiery media questions. Says even if he had def understood message would still have done it"

"Seb Vettel 'faced with the same situation I'd probably do the same thing again'"

"Seb Vettel. 'I respect Mark as a driver but he's never helped me out to be honest'. Suggests Malaysia was payback for previous events"

It's going to be frosty in that team for the rest of the season!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #919 on: April 11, 2013, 10:06:00 am »
Ive just been reading about this.  I take it Him and Marc have had another Blow out over it, and now Seb is venting off about it.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #920 on: April 11, 2013, 11:14:09 am »
He's an unrepentant little sh*t!

He's mearly an employee of Red Bull F1 and should do well to remember that, anyone one of the top drivers could do just as good a job as him in that car and keep harmony within the team.  If I were Red Bull or Horner I'd sideline him for a race and remind him of who pays the bills and runs the team.

I'll sat it again! TWAT!!

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #921 on: April 11, 2013, 11:23:33 am »
 :congrats:

Couldn't have put it better myself.  :evilgrin:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #922 on: April 11, 2013, 11:26:14 am »
Absolutely. Jumped up little sh*t.

Cant wait for the rest of this season, the battles up front at Red Bull are going to be interesting.  :popcornsoda:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #923 on: April 11, 2013, 11:29:27 am »
This season is heating up very nicely. Bring on Sunday :party:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #924 on: April 11, 2013, 11:33:43 am »
He said he would probably disobey team orders again if he is instructed not to overtake mark again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22106490

Absolute

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #925 on: April 11, 2013, 12:40:22 pm »
I wonder what his relationship with christian horner is gonna be like from now on. Vettels made him look like a complete mug with his comments today thats for sure. This is becoming more and more christian vs vettel if you ask me. If christian is really the boss then i cant see Vettel driving for redbull in 2014.

Second question was interesting and says it all http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/24182/8630735/Sebastian-Vettel-says-he-would-ignore-team-orders-again-if-it-meant-winning-a-race

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #926 on: April 11, 2013, 12:40:44 pm »
It will be interesting to see how Horner reacts to this. It completely undermines his authority.

Everything he seems to say is a contradiction. On one hand he claims he didn't understand the message, then he says sorry for ignoring it, then he says he'd do it again. Well if you didn't understand it in the first point then surely you have no reason to apologise...

Maybe he's going to become the bad boy of F1, ruthless to the end. Shame he doesn't have the charisma to be both bad and likeable at the same time. Foolish child.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #927 on: April 11, 2013, 04:25:31 pm »
What's good about all this is that Red Bull have decided to reduce the use of team orders. Let's hope other teams follow suit. We want to see racing, not strategy games!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22109935

It's about time!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #928 on: April 11, 2013, 05:05:02 pm »
Red Bull have "decided" to reduce the use of team orders? Whatever. More like they realise that they don't have a cat in hell's chance of either driver obeying them, so why look stupid again?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #929 on: April 11, 2013, 05:06:56 pm »
What's good about all this is that Red Bull have decided to reduce the use of team orders. Let's hope other teams follow suit. We want to see racing, not strategy games!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22109935

It's about time!

Good to see them dropping team orders, however

Go back a couple weeks when everyone was saying Vettel was above the team and would get away with it.

Well here you go, this IMO is Vettel getting away with it completely.  Hes no longer apologetic about what went wrong and no even said he would do it again, and Red Bull release statements like in the above link after the Red Bull Top brass/Vettel Fan Club got involved with the team principle on his behalf.

What a prick is all I can say about Vettel now.

I wonder what his relationship with christian horner is gonna be like from now on. Vettels made him look like a complete mug with his comments today thats for sure. This is becoming more and more christian vs vettel if you ask me. If christian is really the boss then i cant see Vettel driving for redbull in 2014.

Second question was interesting and says it all http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/24182/8630735/Sebastian-Vettel-says-he-would-ignore-team-orders-again-if-it-meant-winning-a-race

This shows Horner isnt the boss.  I dont think he';ll leave especially with Mark signed up on annual contracts.  Theres no way Mark will be staying at Red Bull

I wander who he would drive for if he left Red Bull.  Hes a 3 time world champion so he'll demand massive wages, hes not rated as a great racer or overtaker by many many people, and alot of the top drivers/ex drivers only reckon he has won the titles due to being in a superior car and a weaker team mate, the likes of Hamilton or Alonso would have closed the deal much earlier inthe seasons than Vettel did.  

TBH, I cant see why any of the top teams would want him.  Ferrari have Massa and Alonso.  They have a good thing going on there, especially with Massa back on Form.  Mercedes I think have a great driver combo, McLaren might go for it if Jenson is out of contract but i cant see it tbh.  Maybe Williams could snap him up?

What Contract is Seb on?