Make a donation

Author Topic: my new ed30. (pic heavy - comments welcome)  (Read 26771 times)

Offline TJM

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: my new ed30. (pic heavy - comments welcome)
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2012, 10:20:29 pm »

Would you recommend the carbon air intake? Looking at replacing my slightly broken OEM intake!

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2012, 09:28:43 pm »
The only recommendation i can give in the area is silver star, carelton, near skipton, had few bits done myself and always been very happy. Girlfriends leon has been in twice and work has been spot on, very happy.  :happy2: Think i have posted details for you before, if you need them drop me a pm.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2012, 12:00:32 am »
Hey Adam
Your car is looking great man, sitting well on the H&R's  :happy2:  How's the drive on those springs compared  :driver:  to origanals...

As for your wheel colour a red car gets away with it, keep up the good work  :wink:  You take a good photo too, i need some more practise ...

:happy2:
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2012, 10:25:37 am »
Very nice pics (first set posted) and great compositions.  :happy2:

Cool couple of cars.

I see that you are a man of taste - OSIR engine cover strip like wot I have too  :happy2: I have customised mine now though.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2012, 10:29:50 am »

Would you recommend the carbon air intake? Looking at replacing my slightly broken OEM intake!

....The carbon intake scoops in air slightly more efficiently without all the convolutions of the OEM one, but performance gains are insignificant: Slightly improved throttle response and negligable torque increase - Nothing which grabs you!

However, they do look one heck of a lot better than OEM in my opinion. I used to have a Carbonio one for a long time.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2012, 06:44:10 pm »
Agreed I bought mine for the aesthetics, it look really nice under the bonnet and I would agree with the throats response, mildly better, the beauity with the Carbonia ones is the heat reflective layer in the carbon, it keeps air intake temps down.

Thanks for the nice comments guys, not sure I agree about the photography haha. Once it's been in the body shop I will have new pics then hopefully I can save for bags, and osir mirrors! If any1 knows some1 selling these please let me know, I have carbon covers ATM and they are not to the standard I want.

:congrats:

....The carbon intake scoops in air slightly more efficiently without all the convolutions of the OEM one, but performance gains are insignificant: Slightly improved throttle response and negligable torque increase - Nothing which grabs you!

However, they do look one heck of a lot better than OEM in my opinion. I used to have a Carbonio one for a long time.
ED30 tornado red, 3 door, carbonia intake, osir engine cover, h&r springs (ordered) Milltek cat back (ordered)

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2012, 06:47:10 pm »
Agreed I bought mine for the aesthetics, it look really nice under the bonnet and I would agree with the throats response, mildly better, the beauity with the Carbonia ones is the heat reflective layer in the carbon, it keeps air intake temps down.

Thanks for the nice comments guys, not sure I agree about the photography haha. Once it's been in the body shop I will have new pics then hopefully I can save for bags, and osir mirrors! If any1 knows some1 selling these please let me know, I have carbon covers ATM and they are not to the standard I want.

In answer to the h&r spring question, the standard ones are apauling in my opinion, my old Astra h handled much better than the gold factory. but the springs have improved it ALOT! I have faith round the bends, the only issue is I wish it was a bit lower, but the ride quality is as good if not better than factory.

:congrats:

ED30 tornado red, 3 door, carbonia intake, osir engine cover, h&r springs (ordered) Milltek cat back (ordered)

Offline wattso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2012, 01:53:30 am »
Very nice car!

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2012, 12:44:04 pm »
thanks mate, i like it haha!

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2012, 07:07:14 pm »
Great looking car!  :happy2:
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline jago

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2012, 07:10:24 pm »
great car and great pics mate  :happy2:

Offline toleman666

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2012, 11:42:57 am »
very sexy  :happy2:
Admin notice: Sig picture to big.

Offline ChaddyGTi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2012, 04:46:26 pm »
nice car bud

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2012, 05:57:22 pm »

Poor photo of the new front and under the bonnet

This is when we put the own stripe onto the new grill ( the one it came with looked much poorer quality )

Will get better quality images in a week or so. Sorry the car is filthy

Offline boyceuk

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2012, 04:21:48 pm »
great pictures, keep them coming