Make a donation

Author Topic: Whats the best bridge camera for my budget?  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
Whats the best bridge camera for my budget?
« on: March 14, 2012, 10:14:43 pm »
Im looking to start getting into taking decent photos and so im just after advice on what i should do camera wise,
I've been told to start with a bridge camera to start with before getting into DSLR's is this the right thing to do?
And i have a budget of around £200 for a camera i know its not a massive budget bit im sure there must be something out there for a beginner?

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Whats the best bridge camera for my budget?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 11:35:14 pm »
Have a look at dpreview.com for reviews of bridge cameras and cross-reference with camerapricebuster (uk) for the best prices. Alternatively, look at secondhand models for higher end models.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline ScottNew

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 01:33:31 am »
Im looking to start getting into taking decent photos and so i'm just after advice on what i should do camera wise,
I've been told to start with a bridge camera to start with before getting into DSLR's is this the right thing to do?
And i have a budget of around £200 for a camera i know its not a massive budget bit i'm sure there must be something out there for a beginner?

I was in the same boat last year mate, didn't have a clue about photography or SLR's so I done a lot of reading and ended up getting a Sony NEX5 which was around £500 at the time sort of a hybrid/bridge between compact cameras with SLR quality. its a brilliant bit of kit, small and produces good pictures, i haven't been disappointed with it to date. I have hundreds of photos of my old R32 which ill get up on here at some point, Ive already posted a couple on my other post in the New members intro's. Waiting for the good weather before i shoot my GTI. I would say it is the right thing to do, I'll be looking to upgrade to a canon later in the year or possibly the new Sony NEX7 im sure you can pick up something decent relatively cheap or second hand

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:58:53 am »
This is around your budget and seems to have an excellent spec for the price.

http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/digital-cameras/bridge/model/finepix-hs20exr/overview/

I have had 4 Fujifilm Bridge cameras now over the years and all have been excellent. With the pictures they take couldn't justify spending the extra for a DSLR. They have always been reliable too which is a bonus. I will be replacing my 2 year old camera this year before our hols in December so will be in the same boat as you.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 07:22:11 pm »
Also look at the Canon camera that rich has just posted in another thread, winner of lots of top awards and in budget

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,44354.0.html
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391