Make a donation

Author Topic: First polish with machine on this car  (Read 1572 times)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
First polish with machine on this car
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:14:37 am »
Hi, thought i'd give my hand a go at the old polishing (machine and with this car) and actually found it really enjoyable After a few hours you can see the results below. Stages were to quick rinse on soft spray, then snow, then rinse strong spray and snow again, wash with hands, rinse and dry, polish. Polished with only a light abrasive (autoglym srp) will look into getting something a little more stronger to take out some of the more predominant scratches. Sorry for not taking to many up close before and afters but I didnt think I was going to take any (it just looked so good I had to.) now the mrs, dad, mum and her brother want their cars done  :signLOL: Im liking how much swirl marks were reduced.

Can anyone recommend any 3M products, a good one for removing slightly deeper scratched or swirl marks but something safe to use i.e. not something you need to be trained to use.

Thanks  :happy2:  

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:33:30 am by nezquick »

Offline AndyED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
  • ED30
    • Email
Re: First polish with machine on this car
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:08:19 am »
Nice work, car looks great! Make sure you charge the rest of the family!  :signLOL:

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:19:32 am »
 :happy2: cheers dude,  :signLOL: im half tempted!

MPS

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 11:52:56 am »
Wow! I'm particularly impressed with the bonnet close-up, the metallic flake pop looks superb! I've got a 4 door in metallic black and these pics have spurred me on to get mine to the same standard. I'm using a DAS-6 and Menzerna super finish. I don't have a PDT gauge though so I'll have to tread carefully!

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 11:55:41 am »
Need to do this myself, once i figure what im doing and the processes  :ashamed:

As said above, the bonnet picture looks very impressive - great results  :happy2:

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 12:09:21 pm »
 :happy2: cheers everyone, it just goes to show you don't need all these fancy machines, mine cost under £20  :signLOL: although i might get something that might last a little longer. Its really not that hard, just a case of taking your time and keeping a eye on things. Ill be doing it again on saturday ready for a meet on sunday and am kinda looking forward to it  :ashamed: I too couldn't believe how much the flake came out!

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 04:26:25 pm »
that looks lovely mate well worth the effort. last week i clayed my car and it took me like 4 hours to clean clay and polish it but i was so impressed with how well it looked i couldn't help myself haha!
ED30 tornado red, 3 door, carbonia intake, osir engine cover, h&r springs (ordered) Milltek cat back (ordered)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 05:55:21 pm »
That looks really good mate.  :congrats:

Took me ages to pluck up the courage to do mine but glad I did, always gets comments (good ones). Oh and I also have friends and family in a Q waiting. :signLOL:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~