Make a donation

Author Topic: Autoglym?  (Read 2023 times)

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 4
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
Autoglym?
« on: May 10, 2009, 12:03:14 am »
Hi

I've used Autoglym for the past 14 years and have always rated the majority of their products really highly.

However I'm doing some work for a detailing company - this website if you're interested www.bespokeautodetailing.co.uk and was speaking to the guy who mentioned that perhaps Autoglym Super Resin Polish was abrasive on paint?  What do you guys reckon?  I thought the whole idea of a polish was so that it polished cars by cutting slightly into the paint?...

Really interested in hearing your opinions as I've never used anything else!...

Offline icenutter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Autoglym?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 12:45:12 am »
Super Resin Polish or SRP is far from as abrasive as some products on the market.  For example Autoglym do 'Paint Renovator' which certainly is.

If you are applying it by hand you'd have to be using it for years I'd reckon to damage the clear coat.

However a characteristic of SRP is that is has fillers in it which mask minor scratches.  This is generally a good thing, but there are lots of products out there which provide more bling for your money.
Get all your sports nutrition products here; http://www.myprotein.co.uk and use the code MP73153 to get 5% off your first order.

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 08:14:39 am »
Thanks for the response.

That's what I thought, I've used Paint Renovator too for when I've had a scratch or something but whenever I've used it I've buffed it with SRP then EGP to Autoglym's advice.

When you say there are lots of products that give more bling for your money, which products are you talking about?

Cheers   :happy2:

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 09:48:10 am »
ive always liked SRP, easy to put on and comes off very easily, with good results,  maybe not the best but certainly good value  :happy2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 12:12:55 pm »
I use SRP and its good for the price and ease of use espec if your in a hurry. never used the paint renovater but looking to try the trade supreme poilsh see if its any better

Offline chip20

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 8
    • http://absolutevaletinguk.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 12:33:04 pm »
Hi folks.I use SRP on my customers cars and think it's a great polish.Love auto glym HD wax it's well worth a try :happy2:

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 02:34:50 pm »
I think that's it isn't it, everyone has their favourites and tend to stick with it, think I'm going to re-open my old trade account and stock up with some Autoglym product!

Thanks lads! :)

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 28
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 04:35:17 pm »
Have to completely agree with J5BWS... There are more abrasive products available than SRP and it does have fillers that will help mask minor scratches. 

With regards to alternative products, we'd recommend something like Dodo Juice Need for Speed, which is an all-in-one cleaner wax.  To achieve the best results, we suggest applying a pre-wax cleanser, then applying a layer of carnauba wax, but sometimes there isn't enough time to do two stages, which is where Need for Speed is a really useful product.  It cleans and polishes before leaving behind a protective coating of Brazilian carnauba wax.   If you wanted to add more gloss and protection, layers of carnauba wax can be applied on top.

Hope this helps  :happy2:

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 06:00:56 pm »
Thanks very much Autoperfection, I was hoping for your input on this so I've left a thank you! :)

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 28
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 08:14:58 pm »
Thanks very much Autoperfection, I was hoping for your input on this so I've left a thank you! :)

No worries - always happy to help!  :happy2: