Make a donation

Author Topic: Just a boring diesel  (Read 4184 times)

Offline dan1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Durham Collective
    • Email
Just a boring diesel
« on: March 18, 2012, 03:33:39 pm »
Looked for my build thread but couldn't find it so will start a new one, all copied and pasted from other forum so the times stated may vary  :happy2:

RS6 wheels lasted 3 days and check out the amazing tractor height  :o

Updated bit:
I then got these wheels which I also decided I didn’t like

And then these

Before finally settling on the R8 reps

In this time I also had the windows tinted, side repeaters swapped for smoked LED units and a Sharan aerial fitted

And my first of 5 sets of back lights (which I broke during fitting)

I then stuck a set of V Maxx coil overs on and changed headlights from chrome inners to GTI dark inners

During cleaning

Then I got a GTI lower bumper colour coded and a full Miltek turbo back non resonated exhaust fitted and changed the VW badge to a black one

Next up was private plate

And LED can bus friendly number plate lights

Next came the sound deadening of doors and running cables for audio

Then retrofitted GT TDI leather seats and door cards after driving to Doncaster to pick them up

Next up came the huuuge drilled and grooved discs and greenstuff pads front and rear

57i induction kit fitted

Filled bonnet and bumper, badgeless grill, headlight eyebrows, smoothed rubstrips, Rieger splitter with OEM chopped up lower grill insert

I then changed the matt black door trims for gloss GTI ones

2x SPL Dynamics XTR 250 D@ subs were next. 10” subs that took 1000w RMS each daily

which were then upgraded to 3 x 12’s

The box took the whole boot up

And they were powered by 1 amp per sub giving each one 2,000 watts

To keep up with this barrage of bass I have CDT HD62im components, giving each side 500 watts each quite happily

Things didn’t happen for a while due to it being winter and recovering from hernia operation but February this year I started gathering parts again  :)

R32 front and rear calipers and R retaining clips,matched up with Pagid pads and drilled and grooved discs

Rotiform BLQ’s the bain of my life at the time

Airlift XL Slam kit with digital autopilot conrol system fitted by G Werks

Not long afterwards I fell out of love with the Rotiforms, mainly due to having an ongoing feud with the director Brian Henderson so they were swapped for BBS Speedlines

Which were then sent away to be refurbed.

During there time away I got a set of Votex side skirts fitted, rear badge removed and custom R32 lower rear bumper fitted.

I also got some Xenons but they arrived broken

Stripdown of door for whatever reason, I can now remove the outer door panel in under 4 mins  ;D

The wheels came back from Mike the polisher looking fantastic, I would not let anyone else work on my wheels other than Mike, his work is astounding

My wheel washing station for spare centre

Pictures from inters this year with new xenons fitted

And in the hotel carpark looking like it had shrunk next to my mate Chewys Arosa

Going to inters made me need Recaros so I ordered a set of Sportster CS’s from Revolution but the lead time was too long so instead I ended up with a R32 interior

A few pics from VW Festival at Harewood House

And thats about it up to now, I have Powerflex bushes for front lower arms to fit, a votex rear bumper to fit and over winter the headlining and all pillars will be retrimmed in charcoal alcantara ( I had to buy all new grey parts from VW first because I didn’t want the beige plastics. T

I saw these pictures and knew the mondials would be the next wheels, they suit the Mk5 shape well

Now in its winter home

New bits, car needs hoovering and cleaning though

GTI pedals and OSIR deadman pedal

R32 flat bottom steering wheel with flappy paddles (Paddles will be getting set up to control air suspension) :D

Over the winter while the interior is out I'll be installing the heated seats function and OEM tyre pressure monitoring system. :)

New wheels should be here this month after the mondials wouldn't fit I thought it needed a little treat.

Going for a different style front bumper next year aswell now. Still smoothed and following the lines of the below pic.

Today I picked up new front bumper (cheers mark) still need grilles but they are on order from VW along with splitter.

And I also picked these up

The offset will have them sitting flush with the arch

Votex rear

Old bumper off and ready to be dismantled

New front end parts to enable proper fitment of GTI bumper (All parts from VW and every bolt brand new  :happy2:)

New parts being fitted (VW supplied wrong crash barrier so had to wait 6 weeks for it as was on backorder

R32 rears purchased (Rear foglight lens swapped with a clear reverse light filter so both sides are symmetrical, using a Red LED bulb)

Airtank out for a reorganise

On the floor

Sneaky peek (I have 2 grilles, one with number plate attached and one without) Also textured the mask surround since this picture so it matches the lower grille colour

I have also swapped the green R32 front calipers for gloss black S3 items. Also got the rear S3 calipers to fit,Cheers DaveB

Tyres are getting fitted to wheels this weekend, Had 2 buy 4 new ones as my older ones had split the sidewall on 2 of them and I ended up buying another 4 so they would all match

Rear bumper should be on this weekend and fitting a bluetooth module to stereo along with a shark fin aerial

After deciding I didn’t like the gloss black grille, I retextured it and it matches the lower grille colours perfectly.

Next up my rear bag was leaking so bought a new one from Luke at Plush, along with a couple of watertraps

After gathering parts for what seemed like ages I eventually had a complete dark headlining and all associated pillars, handles lights. (Only pic is of headlining)

A picture of my man cave in living room

And extension of mancave

I know have 1 garage loft space, 1 spare bedroom, a very large conservatory and a shed full of bits, my to the Wendy’s annoyance

Back on topic

I replaced the aerial with an aftermarket sharkfin

After me and Chewy had eventually got the headlining in we found the wiring was different as nothing worked. BOLLOCKS so the headlining came back out again and old wiring ribbon taped in place  >:(

Next up was fitting a rear wiper blank, got this speedtech one from venom supposedly for a Mk5, ended up ordering one from gecleant which was a much better fit

A few pics of it aired out with new wheels on

Votex rear, R32 rear lights and dewipered

S3 fronts

Rear camber

And last but not least my new white Durham Collective sticker’s  ;D

A few more updated pictures

S3 rear brakes (only 2mm smaller than Mk5 GTI standard fronts)

Carpeted boot

The sikaflexed number plate fell off  :o

Hmmmmm

Full car cleaned, iron x'd and clayed. Now to get it 300 miles without getting contaminated again
Cue wrapping the full car in blue tape ;D

Took 25 mins to take off which was quite quick, the car was then left to be wrapped.

3 days later it was picked up and looks like this

Looks alright from a distance but over a 1/3 of it needs redoing, and they melted the mirror baseplates

Indicators set as DRL's in the dark, gives it a nice effect with the sidelights also being in the bottom of headlights

www.durhamcollective.co.uk  
North East VAG Owners Club

Offline dan1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Durham Collective
    • Email
Re: Just a boring diesel
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 03:39:31 pm »
Next up is a few nice genuine carbon fibre touches, the joys of being able to access an autoclave  :happy2:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 04:39:56 pm »
Looking good mate,get a front carbon badge done and do me one :signLOL:

Offline dan1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Durham Collective
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 04:55:03 pm »
I haven't got a front badge to take a template from mate

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 07:35:30 pm »
wow lookin good in white dude  :happy2:

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 07:37:31 pm »
Nice, that certainly isn't a boring diesel.   :happy2:

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 08:21:49 pm »
That's quite a transformation!!!  Looks stunning! :happy2:

Where did you get the votex rear from? I've been looking for ages to find one with the exhaust cut outs

Offline dan1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Durham Collective
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 10:46:37 pm »
Cheers everyone. Bit the bullet and got it from dealers.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 10:51:28 pm »
Cheers everyone. Bit the bullet and got it from dealers.

Wow! Is all I can say, like someone has already said WHAT A TRANSFORMATION! It looks majestic in white. Truly good work my friend  :congrats:

Offline dan1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Durham Collective
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 02:24:57 pm »
A few pics from photoshoot this weekend  :happy2:

More to come in the next few weeks, along with a few more interesting changes  :wink:

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 03:17:35 pm »
RUDE!

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 03:21:25 pm »
Very smart indeed, so the wrap gives a perfect finish? do you still have to polish it or is it just a case of washing it? what sort of money is wrapping?

sorry if i sound stupid
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline dan1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Durham Collective
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 03:33:04 pm »
The wrap has a few imperfections but on a whole looks like paint until you get within 1/2 metre or less. You can polish and wax as usual. Even use a DA if you wanted. Including door shuts it was £1600, it's just a stopgap until it gets painted properly next year :)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 03:38:51 pm »
Still looks good mate,getting mine painted next year still need to see you about my interior

Offline dan1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Durham Collective
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 03:45:39 pm »
What colour are you going for Andy? I've got 5 metres of alcantara that should be making its way into interior shortly :)