Make a donation

Author Topic: Which Bluetooth kit?  (Read 972 times)

Offline ILoveTuna

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Which Bluetooth kit?
« on: March 24, 2012, 11:41:01 pm »
Hi guys, sorry if this has been posted before but i am confused about which model bluetooth kit to get.

There seems to be so many different model numbers and types and searching just seems to confuse me more!!

I have midline red display, RNS510 C and an iPhone 4s. I am happy with just viewing calls etc on the RNS so whats the best bluetooth kit for me?

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
Re: Re: Which Bluetooth kit?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 11:54:25 pm »
I think the 729b kit will do what you need, compatible with iPhone too. There's one in the for sale section.

I currently trying to work out the right kit for myself too.... there's so many!

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: Which Bluetooth kit?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:22:22 am »
Hi guys, sorry if this has been posted before but i am confused about which model bluetooth kit to get.

There seems to be so many different model numbers and types and searching just seems to confuse me more!!

I have midline red display, RNS510 C and an iPhone 4s. I am happy with just viewing calls etc on the RNS so whats the best bluetooth kit for me?

I have the same set up and have the 7P6 035 730 G kit. It has been on the car since Eddie fitted it all beginning of February and has worked faultlessly.

everything works through the RNS. Once the phone has been paired to the RNS, as soon as you turn the bluetooth on the phone on it automatically connects.

Only thing with this kit is that it doesn't work with the red highline (only white highline) but as I have a midline (like yourself) there's no issue there and I'm sure Eddie said in a thread the other day that it also is compatible with a MFSW aswell.

HTH :happy2: