Make a donation

Author Topic: New Rear Valance from TPS Being Painted  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Digger3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 5
New Rear Valance from TPS Being Painted
« on: March 22, 2012, 06:49:57 pm »
Picked up a new rear gti valance from TPS this morning £47 + vat, Droped it round to a body-shop I've used before who delivered excellent results.

I checked on it this afternoon when it had been flatted plastic primed and two-pac primed,already for painting so looking forward to getting it back saturday morning and fitting.

Has anyone got a link to removing the rear bumper ?, as my search as only shown someone ripping the valance of whilst the bumpers still fitted to the car,
which makes me wonder how you'd re-fit it when there's a certain amount of pressure needed to push those clips back-in, you would need to get your hands
behind the bumper to counter act that pressure,,,  :laugh:, if that makes sense....

also if any ones thinking of getting there rear valance coded but like me you don't want to be with-out the car for a few days,, I now have a spare valance available ....

i'll hopefully put some pics up saturday,if all goes well..
3DR GTI, Black Magic, Factory Fitted Winter-Pack, Lux-Pack, Colour-Coded Rear Valance, Otherwise Totally Standard, For Now.....  

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
Re: New Rear Valance from TPS Being Painted
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 07:08:26 pm »
The youtube video of a guy removing it is as straight forward as you can get.
Most the clips go in with the bumper still on, the only ones that struggle are the ones behind the number plate.
But if you have screw holes in the top part, then you can put a screw in, and pull it in order to counteract the pressure needed on the bottom part.

Offline Digger3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 07:48:17 pm »
Think that's the vid I watched, spose I Could put the two number-plate screws in about half way then grip them with some pliers, should do the job

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
3DR GTI, Black Magic, Factory Fitted Winter-Pack, Lux-Pack, Colour-Coded Rear Valance, Otherwise Totally Standard, For Now.....  

Offline StephenED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 53
  • Edition 40 No 135
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 08:01:24 pm »
Guide here that I used for putting the R32 bumper on mine, not that hard to do.  :happy2:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3754634

Offline Digger3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 09:25:20 pm »
Good Guide thanks, but me being me, i'll probably try and take the easy option ...  :happy2: