Make a donation

Author Topic: Virgin TiVo box  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Virgin TiVo box
« on: March 21, 2012, 10:46:04 am »
I have a bog standard virgin set top box at the moment but wanted to upgrade to one of these. Can I just buy one off the Internet, plug it in and it's ready to go. Or does it need registering etc??

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: Virgin TiVo box
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 10:53:45 am »
No, you will have to get one supplied by Virgin. The device has to be registered to your account. If anyone is selling a Virgin TiVo box on eBay, it is illegal, as you never actually own the equipment with Virgin you are only ever renting it. Unless they have changed this with the TiVo setup.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 11:11:13 am »
No, you will have to get one supplied by Virgin. The device has to be registered to your account. If anyone is selling a Virgin TiVo box on eBay, it is illegal, as you never actually own the equipment with Virgin you are only ever renting it. Unless they have changed this with the TiVo setup.

Right ok  :happy2:
And yes there is several on eBay!

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 11:36:39 am »
No that's still right, you rent it but the good thing is that if it goes faulty we'll replace it foc. The boxes and cards are paired together aswell so has to be through virgin
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 01:02:14 pm »
No that's still right, you rent it but the good thing is that if it goes faulty we'll replace it foc. The boxes and cards are paired together aswell so has to be through virgin

I presume that as you refer to 'we', you work for virgin? If so how much are these bud?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 01:13:48 pm »
Its good to just rent the box then get a new one FOC when it brakes.  Sky wipe their hands with you after a year is up.  You have to pay for them to fix and replace then, unless you take out their insurance.  Ill be going Virgin TIVO when i move.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 01:31:44 pm »

I presume that as you refer to 'we', you work for virgin? If so how much are these bud?

You can't buy a box outright effectively you rent it with the service that VM provide.

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 07:11:21 pm »
yeah mate but im a service technician so dont really deal with prices, but off the top of my head about £50 installation and £50 activation fee but they do offers all the time i.e free installation  :happy2:
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come