Make a donation

Author Topic: Forge DV maintenance??  (Read 997 times)

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
Forge DV maintenance??
« on: March 25, 2012, 07:19:38 pm »
I've had my Forge DV fitted on my car since i had the stage 1 map put on my car but have seen talk of it needing to be serviced or maintained in some way  :confused: kinda thought it was a fit and forget part so does anybody know how often it needs to be serviced and what symptoms i should be looking for so i know if mine needs checking? is there an interval for it?

thanks
Dave

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Forge DV maintenance??
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 07:37:45 pm »
afaik there's no defined service interval but all it requires is to relube the piston to prevent it sticking with a hight temp fully synthetic grease.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 07:47:52 pm »
afaik there's no defined service interval but all it requires is to relube the piston to prevent it sticking with a hight temp fully synthetic grease.

Ah ok thanks for that  :smiley: is there anyway of knowing its sticking and needs a relube? noises or loos of boost maybe?

thanks
Dave

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 10:57:06 pm »
If it's sticking you'll lose boost hence power although it may just be intermittent. It's easy enough to just unscrew the top to check (if you have an ed 30) but if you're going that far you might as well just relube it.

fwiw if you ask Forge nicely, they'll send you a service kit for free.
Without traction power is nothing!