Make a donation

Author Topic: OOOhh no she wants another one  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: OOOhh no she wants another one
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 09:12:38 pm »
funny thing is i didn't want kids at all--but now they make live worth living for me,yep you go grey earlier and are always skint but the rewards are brilliant

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 09:16:37 pm »

I'm thankful that the wife or myself never want kids tbh.

HA!

My wife blagged me with that one for years! Ended up with two at once!!

Deep discussions about it. Want to enjoy our time together. I don't blame people for wanting kids, but the state of this planet and it's future isn't some place I want to bring my kids into. If things were different, I think we would both want kids. We are just going to enjoy our times here and try to see as much of the planet as possible.

I feel quite sorry for you to have that point of view.  By raising your children in the way you believe they should be brought up you are directly affecting the future.  And surely travel and enjoying your time is just as possible with kids as without?  OK the very early years don't lend themselves to long haul flights but beyond that whats the problem?  :confused:  Men and women were raising children when mankind lived in caves and thought the world was flat, its only as difficult (in the physical sense!) as you want to make it.

All that said, thats your choice and you're entitled to it.

....I don't feel sorry for Deako and his missus attitude at all. I never wanted children and much as I love my surviving one, it wouldn't bother me not to have had any. Children are just other people, other human beings, and that's no big deal. Mind you, I didn't particularly want to get married either and managed to stay single until I was in my late thirties - I just had a string of live-in girlfriends and that suited me fine.

I respect Deako for being open about his attitude in the face of a huge majority who think otherwise.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 09:24:26 pm »
If you do have one more Andy at least you will have a sub for the 5 a side team  :signLOL:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 09:26:59 pm »
If you do have one more Andy at least you will have a sub for the 5 a side team  :signLOL:
:signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 11:25:47 pm »

I'm thankful that the wife or myself never want kids tbh.

HA!

My wife blagged me with that one for years! Ended up with two at once!!

Deep discussions about it. Want to enjoy our time together. I don't blame people for wanting kids, but the state of this planet and it's future isn't some place I want to bring my kids into. If things were different, I think we would both want kids. We are just going to enjoy our times here and try to see as much of the planet as possible.

I feel quite sorry for you to have that point of view.  By raising your children in the way you believe they should be brought up you are directly affecting the future.  And surely travel and enjoying your time is just as possible with kids as without?  OK the very early years don't lend themselves to long haul flights but beyond that whats the problem?  :confused:  Men and women were raising children when mankind lived in caves and thought the world was flat, its only as difficult (in the physical sense!) as you want to make it.

All that said, thats your choice and you're entitled to it.

....I don't feel sorry for Deako and his missus attitude at all. I never wanted children and much as I love my surviving one, it wouldn't bother me not to have had any. Children are just other people, other human beings, and that's no big deal. Mind you, I didn't particularly want to get married either and managed to stay single until I was in my late thirties - I just had a string of live-in girlfriends and that suited me fine.

I respect Deako for being open about his attitude in the face of a huge majority who think otherwise.

Cheers Robin. It also doesnt matter how well you bring up your kids. It has no effect on how they will end up in life. There are kids have wanted for nothing, been shown the greatest respect, and how to earn it, and all it takes is getting in with the wrong crowd once and they are smack head losers for the rest of their lives.

Its a sad outlook on life, but i lose more and more respect for humanity as every day passes. And i just dont want to be responsible for bringing anyone into this shower of sh*t we have for a world.

I cant imagine what it would be like in another 30 years for the poor kids of today. For that reason, im glad i have found love and someone to cherish every day and spend my future with.

But anyway, that is just my opinion and outlook. I would not have it sway anyones opinion and i wish everyone that has kids all the best and hope that they get everything they want out of having kids.

Edit: Sorry everyone, dont mean to depress.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:35:39 pm by Deako »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=rb2e4qcv8tdaeoq4vttnadplvs&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 12:43:57 am »
To say it has no effect I think is a little bit of a sweeping statement.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 09:07:43 am »
What you need to do is just have all the fun trying but pull out at the last minute  :evilgrin:
:signLOL:
Take the Bakerloo line.  :innocent:
Just wrong, so very, very wrong!

Good luck to you fella!  :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 11:58:55 am »

You can never 100% guarantee that you can't alter a potential circumstance.

Circumstances can also never be guaranteed.

Thats not the only reason though. Wife and I have discussed te dangers of childbirth as well. With family history of potentially difficult pregnancies, we personally dont want the risk. As well as costs. Some people don't give a damn, and pop kids out just for benefits and free accommodation. But with the first year alone estimated at £16k per child, not something we could afford.

We don't even own a house either. That's more important to us, and by the time that's sorted and we have invested in other areas, I'll be approaching 40.

I just don't think kids are for me. :) But like I said, I don't blame people for wanting kids.

I also wouldn't want children to feel obliged to have to look after me when I'm ailing. Hopefully voluntary euthanasia will be more accessible so that when I've absolutely had enough of life and don't feel like I can carry on, I can get out.

I do sound utterly morbid don't I? I really dont mean to. But these are my opinions and lost faith in humanity. I didn't have the best upbringing and I have seen a lot of nasty sh*t growing up, so I have a very balanced opinion I think.

I also think its a shame there aren't more people that think like I do. But we need people reproducing from all walks of life. Else there would never be any people to do the menial jobs in life. Just perhaps not as many people reproducing as we have.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:01:55 pm by Deako »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=rb2e4qcv8tdaeoq4vttnadplvs&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 12:11:18 pm »
A lot of thought has gone into that Luke, and like you say, its a shame that a lot more people don't consider all angles and just pop 15 kids out without thinking of the financial consequences.

I would love to have kids, but now isn't the right time both financially and work wise with us both having careers. I can't look after myself yet, never mind a little ankle biter.....  :signLOL:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 12:12:45 pm »

You can never 100% guarantee that you can't alter a potential circumstance.

But with the first year alone estimated at £16k per child, not something we could afford.

Thats a new car each year right there, Or a large chunk off the mortgage

I just don't think kids are for me. :) But like I said, I don't blame people for wanting kids.

I love kids (My mates have plenty of kids and they all love "Uncle Myles", I go round every few weeks and spend a couple of hours entertaining them and their wives always say I would make a great dad (apparently I am very patient with them, but thats probably more to do with the fact that I only see them every couple of weeks  :happy2:) but im happy to do my own thing and be happy taking em for days out to give my mates and wives a day off, I also Baby sit for them occasionally), having so many friends with kids I dont feel personally that I need any  :happy2: well actually I do have a Boy aged 11 but dont see him as he lives in Reykjavik with his mother (she is Icelandic) I was basically used as a sperm donator, she got pregnant and said "Thanks but I dont need money from you I just wanted a baby" (Her family are loaded so they want for nothing im told) :happy2:

I also wouldn't want children to feel obliged to have to look after me when I'm ailing. Hopefully voluntary euthanasia will be more accessible so that when I've absolutely had enough of life and don't feel like I can carry on, I can get out.

There is always Holland or Switzerland for that anyway  :happy2:

I also think its a shame there aren't more people that think like I do. But we need people reproducing from all walks of life. Else there would never be any people to do the menial jobs in life. Just perhaps not as many people reproducing as we have.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:17:21 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 09:56:10 pm »
If there is a risk of childbirth going wrong with family history then thats absolutely a valid reason.  If you can't afford it thats another valid reason.  Hell if you don't want kids because you don't want kids / the responsibility / whatever then thats a valid reason.

But, if you genuinely feel the world is such a sh*t hole thats its not worth having kids I would suggest that you do move out of the situation your in and get a different outlook.  Things are no worse than they have been before and are arguably better than they have ever been.  I'm not being funny or nasty about it but have you considered that you might be depressed?  I'm asking that in a well meaning way - not being cheeky.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 10:02:26 pm »
Haha. No I love life. Wife and I earn very good money to be honest, successful jobs in IT. But saving for our own pad is more important.

I'd rather have toys and gadgets in my life than kids. Hard enough and too much of a tie with 2 dogs, let alone sprogs.

And, you are probably right. The planet has been in a state for a long time, and it's just broadcast more with the media the way it is. But it's still a sh*t hole ruined by humans.

I just had written a load of examples, but they weren't very cheery. So have edited my post before sending it. Hehe.

And in truth, it does depress me with how the world is. Why wouldnt it? War, famine, religion.........

If I won Euros I'd go volunteering somewhere once our dogs had died and the wife and I had no ties.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:11:21 pm by Deako »

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 09:22:25 am »
Totally respect your decision, Luke - kids should not be brought into this world on a whim.

Given the majority of people breeding are the feckless and worthless, I consider it my duty to bring balance. If we don't, the problems only get worse. It is our responsibility to hand over a better life and opportunity than was given to us.

I don't think the world is in a bad place, I think it's better than it has ever been. The only difference is we're now more aware of what's going on. It's easy to get down about it, it's better to make a difference.
Sideways yo!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:48 am »
....you never know.... if you DID decide to have a child you could birth the next Ghandi'esk person that influences and changes the world  :smiley: