All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Just ordered one of these

(1/3) > >>

ukdub:
As the title says.

http://www.bshspeedshop.com/store/product.php?productid=16952&cat=1011&page=1

Have any of you guys or girls got one? Plus, I would like to know your thoughts on this

Should be fitted by next weekend, so I will post my findings then if no one has this PCV fix. :happy2:

neg:
I have the original fix - just the added check valve in a new pipe.  Have been looking at this and been very tempted to try it out - let us know how you get on.

bacillus:
In case you are not aware of this, the place where the can should be mounted on US cars is not available on UK cars.

UK cars have the charcoal cannister in that position so you will need to find an alternative mounting site that may be a little less inconvient for servicing the can.

Do you have the stock engine cover as it may need to be cut for the hoses if a different can location is used.

ukdub:

--- Quote from: bacillus on November 15, 2008, 01:50:50 pm ---In case you are not aware of this, the place where the can should be mounted on US cars is not available on UK cars.

UK cars have the charcoal cannister in that position so you will need to find an alternative mounting site that may be a little less inconvient for servicing the can.

Do you have the stock engine cover as it may need to be cut for the hoses if a different can location is used.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that. :happy2:  As for the engine cover, I have the Dbilas intake, so the cover is in the garage.

EDIT: I will email BSH speedshop, but any suggestions as where to mount it would be helpfull. :grouphug: 

Hurdy:
The BSH fix is mentioned in a little more detail on VWVortex and it does look like a really good, simple, one stop shop cure 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version