All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Just ordered one of these

<< < (2/3) > >>

bacillus:

--- Quote from: ukdub on November 15, 2008, 07:33:37 pm ---
Thanks for that. :happy2:  As for the engine cover, I have the Dbilas intake, so the cover is in the garage.

EDIT: I will email BSH speedshop, but any suggestions as where to mount it would be helpfull. :grouphug: 

--- End quote ---

Phil from BSH has stated that some folk with RHD cars have managed to mount the can over on the right hand side of the engine bay (when looking at the engine from the front) mirroring the original instructions. Whilst this is possible, routing the hoses may create a problem as space is at a premium.

One viable avenue to persue is to do a little drilling and use a different mounting position. The red circles in the pic demonstrate where you need to drill and use screws/bolts to hold the bracket.

RedRobin:

Okay, will someone please explain why we need to 'fix' the PCV on UK GTI's in the first place - Thanks :happy2:

bacillus:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on November 15, 2008, 11:17:04 pm ---....

Okay, will someone please explain why we need to 'fix' the PCV on UK GTI's in the first place - Thanks :happy2:

--- End quote ---
Have a read of these RR.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4014933
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4115371

RedRobin:
^^^^

Thanks for those links, bacillus :happy2: - Good bedtime reading!

ukdub:

--- Quote from: bacillus on November 15, 2008, 09:07:47 pm ---
--- Quote from: ukdub on November 15, 2008, 07:33:37 pm ---
Thanks for that. :happy2:  As for the engine cover, I have the Dbilas intake, so the cover is in the garage.

EDIT: I will email BSH speedshop, but any suggestions as where to mount it would be helpfull. :grouphug: 

--- End quote ---

Phil from BSH has stated that some folk with RHD cars have managed to mount the can over on the right hand side of the engine bay (when looking at the engine from the front) mirroring the original instructions. Whilst this is possible, routing the hoses may create a problem as space is at a premium.

One viable avenue to persue is to do a little drilling and use a different mounting position. The red circles in the pic demonstrate where you need to drill and use screws/bolts to hold the bracket.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that (again) :smiley:
May also look at taking out the charcoal cannister.  I did this on my old VR6 golf.  If the Yanks don't have it, it can't be that important.  I think :confused:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version