Make a donation

Author Topic: 61 plate BMW 335d Touring  (Read 1140 times)

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
61 plate BMW 335d Touring
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:42:32 am »
This car was an Ex-managers car at BMW and the current owner got it with 3500 miles on the clock a week or so ago, he hasnt washed it since. I would hazard a guess that its recieved one or two "service" washes in its life time at the dealer and then the prep for sale, well not the best.

As the car was dropped off to me..

Tyre dressing sling anyone??

First up was the wheels, these were power rinsed to remove any surface dirt, then treated with Megs Wheel brightner, this was worked in with a Daytona wheel brush, EZ detail mini and Swissvax wheel brush. The arches were done using Meg APC and worked with various brushed and an used Wash mitt.

Wheels done

The rusting hub letting it down slightly.

The car was then power rinsed, and given a layer of VP snow foam via the foam lance, Intricate areas were worked with a VP brush and side lock megs brush.
The car was then rinsed with the Karcher and washed the usual 2BM with a Swissvax wash puddle.
The tar deposits were removed with AS tadis and clayed using sonus green fine and megs last touch as lubricant.

Pulled inside and dried then machined via rotary with Megs #205 and 3M blue, leaving this 50/50

As you can see a few deeper marks left behind, but this wasnt a full correction.

The rest of the car was done in the same fashion, stepping down to spot pads in the required areas.

Following the recent black mk5 Golf R32 i done, i again finished it in the same way. I applied Clearkote red moose glaze via a Megs G220 DA with a finishing sonus pad.

This was removed with Eurow deep pile towels. Dodo juice purple haze was the wax of choice for the LSP.

The glass was done with AG fast glass, the wheels sealed with poorboys wheel sealant, tyres dressed with Gloss-it signature tire dressing, exhaust tips were polished with Raceglaze metal polish and 00 grade wire wool, inner arched were dressed with Megs all seasons, then a final wipe down with two coats of Zaino Z-8.

The finished car....

Thanks for looking, any comments and questions welcome

Craig

PM for details

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: 61 plate BMW 335d Touring
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 10:07:06 am »