Make a donation

Author Topic: The slippery slope begins...  (Read 3949 times)

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: The slippery slope begins...
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 09:25:59 pm »
^ anyone?

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2012, 04:31:38 pm »
So have you had the remap done?  How did it go?
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 09:53:31 am »
Hey driver rider, since this thread I've had the work done and couldn't be happier with the car. It's awesome.

Had engine/DSG maps at R-tech, along with pre-cat removal and it's completely transformed the car. Feels factory in delivery but when you push it, it's relentless.

Then had Eibach sportlines and superpro anti lift bushes fitted (along with four wheel alignment) at Stealth Racing. Wow. Handling now matches power and overall I'm so pleased with it.

You thinking of getting yours done?

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 06:45:48 pm »
Hey driver rider, since this thread I've had the work done and couldn't be happier with the car. It's awesome.

Had engine/DSG maps at R-tech, along with pre-cat removal and it's completely transformed the car. Feels factory in delivery but when you push it, it's relentless.

Then had Eibach sportlines and superpro anti lift bushes fitted (along with four wheel alignment) at Stealth Racing. Wow. Handling now matches power and overall I'm so pleased with it.

You thinking of getting yours done?

Im thinking of getting it done. Though right now I'm a little cheesed of the car has xenons but doesn't seem to have the headlight washers....This too me means that the headlights were retrofitted...as I understand that call factory fitted xenon cars have headlight washers.  I'll look into this.

Yes I'm thinking of getting mine done. Did you drive up to the headquarters of R-tech to get it done?  May I ask why you got the DSG mapped as well.  What made you perform the four wheel alignment. Finally how do the bushes make a change to the car?  Im a bit scared of removing the cat....
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2012, 07:04:32 am »
Hey mate, I see you've got a thread going on your zenons, was going to suggest asking on here as there's plenty of people that will know 100% how to tell if they're retrofitted. As for my map, I drove to R-Tech headquarters in Hinckley, the guys are great and Nick really knows his stuff. He's on here as R-Tech Nic if you have any technical questions on maps etc.

Had the DSG mapped as it raised the torque limiters up from 350Nm as otherwise after the engine remap, the box restricts the torque at that level.  Post maps, my peak torque is around 410Nm so it makes a big difference. I didn't get the cat removed as its definitely needed for MOT, I had the pre-cat removed which I understand is just for German regs and not needed here in the UK. It helps to make the standard exhaust more free-flowing.

Had the four wheel alignment done after getting the lowering springs fitted to check all was in order. Especially as I'd just had four new Pirelli tyres fitted.  SuperPro anti lift bushes help reduce lift under acceleration and dive under braking, which along with the lowering springs help keep the car more stable overall and flatter in the corners. Wasn't planning on getting them done straight away but my console bushes were cracked and the quote from VW dealer to replace them was  :confused:  The SuperPro's replace them and are much stiffer than the standard rubber ones. Really tightens up the feel, would recommend.

Do you have an Ed30? Would really recommend mapping, it transforms the car completely. Still feels factory in terms of delivery and in D it's still a great cruiser, but in manual mode or S when you're heavier with the right foot, it's relentless. Lovely!

Hope you get to the bottom of the zenons, there's plenty of knowledgeable peeps on here that I'm sure will help. It's a great site.

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 07:07:00 pm »
Hey mate, I see you've got a thread going on your zenons, was going to suggest asking on here as there's plenty of people that will know 100% how to tell if they're retrofitted. As for my map, I drove to R-Tech headquarters in Hinckley, the guys are great and Nick really knows his stuff. He's on here as R-Tech Nic if you have any technical questions on maps etc.

Had the DSG mapped as it raised the torque limiters up from 350Nm as otherwise after the engine remap, the box restricts the torque at that level.  Post maps, my peak torque is around 410Nm so it makes a big difference. I didn't get the cat removed as its definitely needed for MOT, I had the pre-cat removed which I understand is just for German regs and not needed here in the UK. It helps to make the standard exhaust more free-flowing.

Had the four wheel alignment done after getting the lowering springs fitted to check all was in order. Especially as I'd just had four new Pirelli tyres fitted.  SuperPro anti lift bushes help reduce lift under acceleration and dive under braking, which along with the lowering springs help keep the car more stable overall and flatter in the corners. Wasn't planning on getting them done straight away but my console bushes were cracked and the quote from VW dealer to replace them was  :confused:  The SuperPro's replace them and are much stiffer than the standard rubber ones. Really tightens up the feel, would recommend.

Do you have an Ed30? Would really recommend mapping, it transforms the car completely. Still feels factory in terms of delivery and in D it's still a great cruiser, but in manual mode or S when you're heavier with the right foot, it's relentless. Lovely!

Hope you get to the bottom of the zenons, there's plenty of knowledgeable peeps on here that I'm sure will help. It's a great site.

Thanks, Ive had some good responses regarding the xenos.  Now you've reminded me I'm going to ask another question!

I'll copy your lead and drive down there as its an excuse to go on a mini road trip!  I'll send Nick  a message v soon! The gains you have sound phenomanal.  I mean the car's already quick to me (I came from a polo).  I'll speak to Nick about the precat I'm a little bit nervous about it and also I'm thinking of putting an exhaust on it!

I'll look into the four wheel alignment think it'll be something I'll get done once the four new tyres are all fitted.  Are there any downsides to fitting bushes.  I'll google the company in a moment....sounds like the bushes make a BIG difference. 

I don't have an eddie got tired of waiting and seeing GTI's on here made me get impatient!  I'm definitely going to get it mapped! I just don't know when I should do it.  I want to get the car serviced and have the DV and PC valves checked.  I also want to change the fuel filter.  Ill have a word with Nick to see if these are things that he would do.

Thanks for taking the time to give me such a helpful reply.  Im getting excited for mods! and I thought I'd be keeping it standard!

I hope to get the xenons sorted as well. I'll keep you posted I may start a thread soon!

Keep us posted how you get on!

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2012, 08:36:39 pm »
My car passed the mot with the pre cat removed. Or you can have my old downpipe with the pre cat already removed for a small donation. It is the same downpipe as fitted to the ed30 and recently passed an mot with it fitted. I now have my BCS exhaust fitted so I have no need for my oe dp.

Hi, Do you still have your DP without pre-cat available?  I'd be interested if so, cheers.

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2012, 08:58:11 pm »
Sorry mate I sold it a while ago.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2012, 09:04:44 pm »
Sorry mate I sold it a while ago.

That's a shame, thanks for letting me know.