Make a donation

Author Topic: R32UK's ED30  (Read 5739 times)

R32UK

Re: R32UK's ED30
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 10:01:31 pm »
Looks tidy. The ED30 will be quicker than the 32 though, mine was faster than my mates...

Don't feed the Pony  :signLOL: :signLOL:

I have to say.. its only ed30 owners who share this theory  :signLOL: who knows.... i may change my mind at some point, must be something to do with turbo fumes  :stupid:

Looks ace in the metal mate nice to see you again :happy2:

Darren

You also pal... looks like I will be seeing you again so though  :grin:

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 12:14:27 pm »
 :signLOL:

Its just what i found, i had loads of 60-140 roll ons with my mate when he had his R32 DSG and mine was quicker everytime, not by much but 2 car lengths or so. Saying that whos bothered when you've got a V6 which sounds as good as that?

Anyway, back to your mega ED30, a stage 1 map will change it completely.  :notworthy:
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

R32UK

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 01:00:32 pm »
After 1 weeks and 4 days ownership I have come to the conclusoin the car defo needs a remap!!  :sad1:

So I will be considering the following options...

Revo - had a few issues on the mk6 gti although not sure if these can be put down to the revo map

R-Tech - heard very good things about them. Anyone on here with experience?

Superchips - Would only be going for a map so I imagine superchips are ok for this??

Any thoughts and comments welcome!  :smiley:

Saintsteve

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 01:25:01 pm »
After 1 weeks and 4 days ownership I have come to the conclusoin the car defo needs a remap!!  :sad1:

So I will be considering the following options...

Revo - had a few issues on the mk6 gti although not sure if these can be put down to the revo map

R-Tech - heard very good things about them. Anyone on here with experience?

Superchips - Would only be going for a map so I imagine superchips are ok for this??

Any thoughts and comments welcome!  :smiley:

R-tech would get my 1st vote, for the great service that's been reported.Just for their offers of logging and dyno runs to insure everyone and everything is totally fine afterwards.
Superchips are also very good especially for willing to assist in after sales queries which I cannot faulty them for.Proberly a good map if your not planning on beefing up your clutch ,Or going fully onwards wanting more power later .which leads me rather nicely to Revo... :innocent:

Theres nothing ever wrong with Revo's mapping, you should know their Generic answer to that lol.The most aggressive of all the maps.But is the one of the best tuners for wanting big numbers if your wanting to go stage 2 and onwards.

APR seem to be having a few teathing issues from what's been posted, but are acting quickly to resolve them from what I hear.

how deep are your pockets buddy :signLOL:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:28:30 pm by Saintsteve »

R32UK

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 01:35:30 pm »
its probably more down to what will my insurance company allow me to do  :signLOL:

cheers for the info steve... i remember many moons ago when you said you wouldnt get an ED30, then when you did, how you wouldnt map it..... look at you now!!  :grin:

Saintsteve

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 01:40:40 pm »
its probably more down to what will my insurance company allow me to do  :signLOL:

cheers for the info steve... i remember many moons ago when you said you wouldnt get an ED30, then when you did, how you wouldnt map it..... look at you now!!  :grin:

I know mate, and I blame certain people in this place for that :signLOL:

Though saying that , people have blamed me for buying their 5 door Ed30's after being out for a trip in mine  :laugh:

have you ever been out in a remapped Ed30 yet??

R32UK

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 02:20:00 pm »

I know mate, and I blame certain people in this place for that :signLOL:

Though saying that , people have blamed me for buying their 5 door Ed30's after being out for a trip in mine  :laugh:

have you ever been out in a remapped Ed30 yet??

no, cant say I have. the mk6 was putting out around 265bhp and that was pretty quick (esp in my play with a ed30 which must have been mapped  :scared:).

Although, the temptation is there to keep the car std as there are not many about that are (took me a while to find this one). However the car just leaves me feeling a little underwhelmed... it (like the gti) needs a remap to make it into a hot hatch. :fighting:

Offline deano65

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 05:43:15 pm »
Nice....and the best colour .. :happy2:

R32UK

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 12:21:36 pm »
oh yes I also have:

Reverse parking sensors
Rear tints
Cruise

+ the already mentioned xenons and now a RNS510 (thanks to Darren aka Mortygttdi)

Spent 3 hours cleaning her on saturday... the first wash I have given her since getting her in March. Those that know me will know she is lucky she got one on at all  :grin: Anyway... the result!  :star:

R32UK

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 03:13:55 pm »
and another.... only using BB so a little poor quality

Offline Superted74

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 11:14:54 pm »
Very nice :happy2:

Making me wish I'd bought the candy ed before Xmas which was in the local stealers  :sad1:

Offline lar1210

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 10:46:23 am »
nice wheels dude...wish id gone 5dr sometimes :happy2:

as to remap i did a bluefin on mine which recorded 310bhp on the rollers. leaves r32's for dead now :jumping:

not sure but i think you can reuse the blufin for a fee to superchips. PM me if your interested?

07 ed30
manual 3dr
black
310bhp bluefin remap after 24hrs

R32UK

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 11:02:37 am »
I have decided a visit to r tech is due in the next couple of weeks so watch this space  :evilgrin:

will be good to get her on the rollers to check for any issues also  :party:

Saintsteve

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 01:09:37 pm »
I have decided a visit to r tech is due in the next couple of weeks so watch this space  :evilgrin:

will be good to get her on the rollers to check for any issues also  :party:

Oh your gonna so fall in love with your eddy after nicks had a play with your ecu   :signLOL:

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 9
  • I was born a while ago and I'm not dead yet.
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 02:48:36 pm »
How much is it for Stage One from R-Tech?