Make a donation

Author Topic: My mates new wheels. Think I'm in love.  (Read 13097 times)

Offline wigit

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
Re: My mates new wheels. Think I'm in love.
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 10:56:26 pm »
knowing your fiends story Hedge i am glad it came good fella, i think people need to realise its no longer 2006/2007 so things have moved on

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 10:58:14 pm »
Bit of a long story but my mate popped round this evening with his new wheels.

Absolutely stunning following it's new car prep at Valet Magic. iPhone pics but you get the idea.  :drool:

All the toys bar a sunroof. He let me drive but with only 44 miles on the clock I took it steady. Love it.  :ashamed:

Superb car in it's own right - however it's no C5 RS6 and I know from other threads Hedge that's where your 'love' actually lies  :laugh:

Busted, but this would be a close second. Bollocks. If the numbers come up I'd have both.  :signLOL:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2012, 10:58:40 pm »
knowing your fiends story Hedge i am glad it came good fella, i think people need to realise its no longer 2006/2007 so things have moved on

Thanks mate.  :happy2:

R32UK

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2012, 11:00:25 pm »
Very very nice!  :happy2:

yes its expensive... but then so are most new cars! Its priced competatively for the market, and thats why they seem to sell well  :drinking:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2012, 11:00:47 pm »
Irrespective of price. It is a very nice car and knowing the story behind it I bet he is chuffed to fcuk. I'd be like a cat that got the cream and the local alleyway full of pussy if that was me.  :grin:

As the saying goes. You pays your money and you makes your choices.

If he ever needs it looking after Ian tell him I will  :happy2:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 11:01:18 pm »
why is it the moment a golf R gets mentioned the price tag arguement gets dusted off  :sleepy:

Er because it's massively overpriced? 42 grand is just insane for a Golf.

When was the last time you bought a new Golf? A pretty basic one is at least £20k, and a decently specced GTD is north of £32k...

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 11:07:08 pm »
Bit of a long story but my mate popped round this evening with his new wheels.

Absolutely stunning following it's new car prep at Valet Magic. iPhone pics but you get the idea.  :drool:

All the toys bar a sunroof. He let me drive but with only 44 miles on the clock I took it steady. Love it.  :ashamed:

Superb car in it's own right - however it's no C5 RS6 and I know from other threads Hedge that's where your 'love' actually lies  :laugh:

Busted, but this would be a close second. Bollocks. If the numbers come up I'd have both.  :signLOL:

Knew it  :evilgrin:  :happy2:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 11:11:54 pm »
why is it the moment a golf R gets mentioned the price tag arguement gets dusted off  :sleepy:

Er because it's massively overpriced? 42 grand is just insane for a Golf.

When was the last time you bought a new Golf? A pretty basic one is at least £20k, and a decently specced GTD is north of £32k...

I know, it's crazy. £10,000 more for a decently specced R over the GTD. Madness.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2012, 11:24:46 pm »
Price has got nothing to do with it, Nickyboy - Nobody is asking you to part with your money! We're discussing and enjoying a very good car - The Golf R. You've illustrated very well what your own taste is in cars - Have you driven or even been driven in either the Evo X or Nissan? There's more to it than just speed and value for money. "Madness" for you to spend your money on a Golf R but not for others who have the funds available.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2012, 11:32:28 pm »
Price has got nothing to do with it, Nickyboy - Nobody is asking you to part with your money! We're discussing and enjoying a very good car - The Golf R. You've illustrated very well what your own taste is in cars - Have you driven or even been driven in either the Evo X or Nissan? There's more to it than just speed and value for money. "Madness" for you to spend your money on a Golf R but not for others who have the funds available.

I'm sure it's a fantastic car. Build quality throughout will be exceptional. I just wouldn't spend 42 grand on one, when that budget opens up a whole new league of options, outside of the family hatchback range.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2012, 11:35:15 pm »

I'm sure it's a fantastic car. Build quality throughout will be exceptional. I just wouldn't spend 42 grand on one, when that budget opens up a whole new league of options, outside of the family hatchback range.

Unless of course what your after is a Family Hatchback in which case the Golf R ticks pretty much all the boxes.

It is only beaten by a Czech Dream Machine Estate  :laugh:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=df39r1vjiuoq2a4ahcb28t2l1q&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2012, 11:36:15 pm »

Irrelevant.

Le Buyer...... has 40k in his pocket.... wants a golf.... buys a Golf R.

I don't see a problem...  :stupid:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2012, 11:36:46 pm »
I must admit the boot is tiny. Same as the .:R32.  :wink:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2012, 11:41:08 pm »

I must admit the boot is tiny. Same as the .:R32.  :wink:

....Most certainly when compared with your VRS. But it depends what who you want to stuff in the boot!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2012, 11:43:34 pm »

Irrelevant.

Le Buyer...... has 40k in his pocket.... wants a golf.... buys a Golf R.

I don't see a problem...  :stupid:

It's still a Golf!  42 grand for a Golf is unbelievable. I think the majority of motorists would agree with that. If you can afford it and happy to pay that then hey who cares what anyone else thinks. Enjoy  :happy2: