Make a donation

Author Topic: New clutch fitted eventually !!!  (Read 960 times)

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
New clutch fitted eventually !!!
« on: February 18, 2010, 09:03:46 am »
After putting up with clutch slip for far too long, I will today be having the car back with a new clutch - my friendly local VW dealer swapped it under warranty (albeit for another standard one). I'm not too bothered with an OEM clutch going back in as I think I know what I did to kill the clutch, but thats another mater ! When this one eventually goes I'll be ready for the VWR item. 

Question I'd like to ask is - should I "run in" the clutch before mapping back to bluefin.  My original plan was to drive back from the dealership to make sure everything was ok as standard and then map it as soon as I got home, but am now thinking that's not such a good idea - what would you guys do ???

Regards,

Gareth   :happy2:

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: New clutch fitted eventually !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 09:27:25 am »
Not exactly the answer your after but after my DMF was replaced (which cured all slippage I was having) I ran it with the map immediately and have had no issues whatsoever.

Someone may come along and say different but my feeling is you will be fine as long as you don't do anything silly with it (which I very much doubt you will  :wink:).  :smiley:

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: New clutch fitted eventually !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 09:55:28 am »
Same here, recent new flywheel and clutch on my 2008 ed30 and put the remap in afer 100 miles. Now got the revo in and car is going well again, no slip whatsoever.  :happy2: