Make a donation

Author Topic: Ed35 - Polo Blue GT - 7R (R & R)  (Read 90936 times)

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
Re: Ed35 - Polo Blue GT
« Reply #255 on: July 20, 2014, 07:57:17 pm »
No they wont... but they might if your turbo blows up or sends a valve flying out of the bonnet.

That's a little different isn't it  :grin:
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=pcl1d2g1l653skbmeg9uq7gfm4&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #256 on: July 20, 2014, 08:04:37 pm »
No they wont... but they might if your turbo blows up or sends a valve flying out of the bonnet.

That's a little different isn't it  :grin:

No. It's still a warranty issue which is why I asked.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #257 on: July 20, 2014, 08:11:09 pm »

I'd love Revo stage one on mine when it arrives. Can't believe how well they Perform. Hope you're enjoying it Andy! ;)

To a few others with regards to td1s

If your car would go in for a window motor.. It absolutely will be plugged into the obd diag tool, as a matter of course. Even if just for records sake. Then it will automatically scan every module... Again as a matter of course. All results will be sent back to head office... If the engine ecu is changed the a td1 will flag. All this will be done without any involvement to the dealer. Even if you are very friendly at the dealer, it's probably unavoidable to flag as a td1 of the engine has been modded. It might make no odds to why the vehicle is in at the time, but if a year later your engine goes bang you're up sh*ts creak.

I don't know if I have be balls to map mine :s

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: July 20, 2014, 08:20:03 pm »
Tuning boxes are undetectable right?

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2014, 09:39:06 am »
Tuning boxes are undetectable right?

Assuming you don't leave it connected.

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #260 on: July 21, 2014, 09:59:06 am »
Haha you lot man  :grin:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2014, 11:32:59 am »
With the 35 I always got is flashed back to stock when going in for dealer work to avoid TD1 issues, will do the same with the R

Still not convinced on tuning boxes, no doubting peak numbers but how it drives etc seems unclear, also no one really put my mind at rest regarding how it safeguards stuff, especially when the likes of Superchips won't offer a warranty on there offering, each to their own

Car feels superb with the added power and mid range and flies, times are out there, big plus is how they have worked on throttle response, given it is on stock exhaust it is also a real sleeper which suits me for this

I am blown away with how good this car is and looking forward to the wife's night blue more door tuning up later in the year  :evilgrin:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2014, 11:52:01 am »
I saw some feedback from another DSG 7R owner who was moaning about the inital pulling away hesitation, has the map helped this or is a DSG map required? (imagine Revo will bring one out in the next 12 months?)
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=pcl1d2g1l653skbmeg9uq7gfm4&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2014, 11:57:50 am »
So having it flashed back to stock removes the TD1 marker? Thats not too bad its that is the case.

Offline wigit

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: July 21, 2014, 01:51:05 pm »
I saw some feedback from another DSG 7R owner who was moaning about the inital pulling away hesitation, has the map helped this or is a DSG map required? (imagine Revo will bring one out in the next 12 months?)

Some R owners just need to learn how to move the ankle and toes a little better to apply the power

Car could benefit from DSG remap for manual mode as you can still get kick down

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #265 on: July 21, 2014, 02:45:12 pm »
I did a fair bit of research on tuning boxes before getting one for my Merc. There is no doubting a map is the best way to go. But where the Tuning box wins is ease of installation and removal. When it's removed there is no evidence it was ever on and a manufacturer would have a hard time proving any issue that develops was down to a tuning box.

Brabus are the only company I know that warranty a car with a tuning box. The company that make the boxes for Brabus make the one I have. The only difference is about £1500+ in price and a label.

I doubt REVO, APR, GIAC etc would fix a car if there software broke it. The only ones I'm aware they have done are cars leant to them for development.

I recently drove a Mercedes with the same engine as mine which has a remap from a company widely regarded as the best at mapping Mercedes diseasel (they are the REVO of Mercedes world) and to be honest it's no different. The gear change is better but that is because they map the gearbox too when they do the map. Even the owner was surprised at how well the Tuning box on mine worked. It's no different to OEM.

But as you say each to there own. Mapping means £600ish everytime I change the car. At least with the Tuning box I can either get them to reflash to work on my new car or sell it on.
I may still map mine though. I just need to decide how long I am going to keep the car for as I still need to scratch that AMG V8 itch.

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: July 21, 2014, 04:52:41 pm »
Nice one Carl  :congrats:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #267 on: July 21, 2014, 09:36:25 pm »
Looks absolutely stunning. Would very much like a 7R.

Offline wigit

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: October 09, 2014, 11:21:43 pm »
Bit of an update on the 7R, been busy driving it and currently in Europe in it

First up absolutely hated the H&Rs the worst mod I have done in 6 years of modding, totally ruined the ride and was a bit wild at higher speeds, replaced with a set of VWR springs, all be it the front springs were recalled, ride is much better, others have not got on with them, maybe its road dependent who knows, i'm hanging fire on coil overs until Bilstein release some DCC coil overs

Car had done 6K of mapped miles with Revo and just compliments the car so well

Pics with VWRs on

Been getting in plenty of playtime, also put the TSWs off the 35 all be it the fronts had seen their best, first up was a vista to Curborough

next up was a trip to VW Action over an hour between runs and shot fronts meant a 12.45 with a terminal of 109mph, more to come, I came across the 8 second Don Octane Mk3 :)

The Yokahamas were replaced with a set of Michelin Super Sports for next Curborough day which brought about significant improvement, wheels are now off as going to have a slight colour change to the rims and centre caps

Currently in France in Epernay so the old pit complex at Reims was a must and hoping to get back later this week

The car is such a great all rounder and have the admit the adaptive cruise on the autoroutes has made light work of covering the distance

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • vRS blog on Pistonheads
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: October 10, 2014, 10:19:30 am »
Looks lovely.

What sort of weight are those pretorias?  Is there much benefit putting the nurburgrings on from a weight perspective?
2012 TSI vRS: H&R monotubes, S3 arms, H&R rARB, Neuspeed RSe07, Brembos, MFSW and a few other tweaks..  PH Blog:  http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?carId=191311