Make a donation

Author Topic: Driver experience days - any recommendations?  (Read 2351 times)

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Driver experience days - any recommendations?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 07:35:55 pm »
I bought my old man a classic car driving experience at Mallory Park for his birthday a couple of years ago.  He didn't want to do it on his own so he bought me the same ticket in between his birthday and us actually going.  We did a few practise laps in a mk2 Jag 3.8 which felt like 1960's bank job getaway driver training!  Then got to drive a lovely Aston Martin DB5, E type Jag V12 and a Le Mans race prepared D type Jag which had terribly sh*t brakes was hugely entertaining to drive!  Red Letter Days or some such were circulating at the same time in various Lotuseseses, a Lambo, Honda S2000 and some Porkas but driving the old stuff was a bit different and was massively enjoyable.

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Driver experience days - any recommendations?
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 08:43:40 pm »
Cheers for all the recommendations folks! Really appreciate it! I'm on the search now, I think he'd really enjoy it. Have plenty of ideas now thanks to you kind folks...

C63 AMG  :drool:

Am seriously tempted by some supercars/exotica or some crazy single seaters! Driversdreamdays has the single seaters on BOGOF so maybe the wife and my mum might fancy it too?!?!? Family  :driver: day out!  :signLOL: