Make a donation

Author Topic: Street Racing  (Read 923 times)

Offline ILoveTuna

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Street Racing
« on: April 03, 2012, 03:08:37 pm »
This happened not far from me http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/04/03/drivers-jailed-over-fatal-high-speed-race  :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Most of it through residentail areas!! Crazy.  :scared:

You can see why young drivers are punished with high insurance premiums nowadays due to the actions of a few. Reminder for eveyone to keep their speed down.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:27:10 pm by ILoveTuna »

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Street Racing
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 03:19:30 pm »
Crikey! Those two drivers look super intelligent! Like you say, the utter stupidity of a few spoil it for others who have more sense.

I'll admit to using what I describe as common sense regarding road conditions etc in 60 and 70 zones but I rigidly keep to 20, 30, and 40 limit zones.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 04:09:38 pm »
Having now read the linked news story, those two bright sparks certainly got their just deserves it would seem. What pisses me off though is that a family I gave support to a couple of years ago in a case, the guy only got 6.5 years (a 13 year sentence) for subjecting his stepdaughter to horrible sexual acts between her ages of 11 to 13 which he also filmed. The jury decided his guilt unanimously within 1 hour of deliberation. That paedo sentence ain't justice in my opinion.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline ILoveTuna

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 04:35:29 pm »
Having now read the linked news story, those two bright sparks certainly got their just deserves it would seem. What pisses me off though is that a family I gave support to a couple of years ago in a case, the guy only got 6.5 years (a 13 year sentence) for subjecting his stepdaughter to horrible sexual acts between her ages of 11 to 13 which he also filmed. The jury decided his guilt unanimously within 1 hour of deliberation. That paedo sentence ain't justice in my opinion.

He should get life for that as i am sure the poor girl in question will be scared for the rest of hers. Thats what also annoys me with the racing post above one of them had other peopke in the car making it 10 times worse imo.

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
  • TDI Power
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »
that wasn't far from me either damn if people want to race use the race track that's what its made for not the streets
golf mk5 1.9 tdi

Offline sam

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
    • Calibre Connections LLP
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 11:05:59 pm »
Tragic. :sad1: