Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 Golf R32 enhancement  (Read 1475 times)

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Mk5 Golf R32 enhancement
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:41:16 am »
The owner contacted me saying he couldnt get the car too shine, so asked if i could help. So as the car was dropped off to me....

First up was the wheels, these were power rinsed to remove any surface dirt, then treated with Megs Wheel brightner, this was worked in with a Daytona wheel brush, EZ detail mini and Swissvax wheel brush. The arches were done using Meg APC and worked with various brushed and an used Wash mitt.

Wheels done

These had suffered from a poor refurb at sometime in there life, with the overspray on the inner rim being over the top of a layer of brake dust etc.

The car was the pre-rinsed before a layer of Megs Shampoo plus was applied via the snowfoam lance, the window seals, badges and tight areas were then worked in via a Valet Pro brush. The car was then power rinsed and washed with a Swissvax wash puddle and the usual two bucket method.

The car was then rinsed down again and the lower half of the car was sprayed with AS tardis to remove tar deposits, a plush microfibre was used to remove these deposits. The car was then re-foamed to remove all traces of Tardis, rinsed then clayed using VP yellow and Megs last touch as lubricant.
Next it was power rinsed again and water sheeted over the car via an open ended hose to remove as much surface water to aid drying.
The car was then pulled inside, dried off using a Microfiber madness dry me crazy towel.

The paint work was then inspected and pad on polish choice was settled on a Yellow 3M, Stepping upto a green in some places. This wasnt a correction as such, more of an enhancement.
a 50/50

The rest of the car was done in the same methods. Once the rotary work was completed i applied Clearkote red moose glaze via a Megs G220 DA with a finishing sonus pad.

This was removed with Eurow deep pile towels. Dodo juice purple haze was the wax of choice for the LSP.

The glass was done with AG fast glass, the wheels sealed with jetseal 109, tyres dressed with duragloss tire dressing, exhaust tips were polished with Raceglaze metal polish and 00 grade wire wool, inner arched were dressed with Megs all seasons as were the grills, rear bumper insert was dressed with Megs gold glass trim detailer and then a final wipe down with two coats of Zaino Z-8.

The final result...

As you can see from the pictures, a couple of the panels arent original paint which lets it down slightly.

Thanks for looking, any comments and questions welcome

PM for details

Offline welikeaps

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Mk5 Golf R32 enhancement
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 01:58:08 pm »
nice work

Offline strapper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Mk5 Golf R32 enhancement
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 10:00:49 pm »
Nice work on a nice car  :wink:

I just done mine last weekend over the two days, great results but sweet jesus the clearkote is brick hard :laugh:
Tornado red mk5 Gti no more
Tornado red 3dr mk5 R32, leather recaros, satnav, arm rest, electricaly folding wing mirrors, sunroof, parking sensors, wOOwzers I've just made a mess of my trousers!l
Mk7 Gti 5dr solid white