Make a donation

Author Topic: Kennys GTi  (Read 13523 times)

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
Re: Kennys GTi
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 10:25:46 pm »
Ah ryt a remember him saying that he painted a mk5 didnt realise it was yours bud :happy2: I know him through some of my mates that are in the Vauxhall club Nice guy :smiley:
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline k6kny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • Mk5 Golf GTi
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 11:20:54 pm »
Yeah he sure loves his Vauxhalls  :confused: but you won't meet a nicer guy

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 11:31:06 pm »
Car looking excellent Kenny :happy2:

Offline k6kny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • Mk5 Golf GTi
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 09:22:24 pm »
Not updated this in a while and unfortunately it's not a good update. A couple of months ago I woke up to find that some dirty fecker had driven down the passenger side of the Golf damaging every panel and knocking off the wing mirror  :(  The road it happened on was icy, and this could have been the cause, but there's no way they would not have felt the impact and there's no excuse for not leaving their details :@

The only consolation I can take from this is at least I had put the Monzas back on for the winter, as they managed to hit both wheels as well, so at least the S-Lines never got damaged.

Anyway after my anger over the damage to the Golf died down I got it into the body shop for repair, and I have to say I was pretty pleased with the results. As the passenger side wing mirror was needing replaced I decided to upgrade to some Mk6 ones, it wasn't a straight unbolt and swap over job but with some minor fettling they went on fine.

With the repair done and new wing mirrors on the Golf was all set for the trip over to the VW Speed.NL Mid Winter Meet, but I just had another couple of wee mods that I wanted to do. Firstly changing the rear VW badge for a chrome Mk6 one and changing the rear wiper to the shorter Scirocco item.

So with that done the Golf was all set for the MWM. Here's a few pics of the Golf at the show.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2012, 09:35:39 pm »
Looks smart, mirrors are a nice touch!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2012, 09:41:29 pm »
that is one nice motor :happy2:

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 09:45:01 am »
Love this car has always been one of my favorites, Gutted about the hit and run.