Make a donation

Author Topic: Recomendations... ED30 DSG  (Read 2693 times)

Offline mpm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Recomendations... ED30 DSG
« on: April 04, 2012, 05:23:40 pm »
Hi all. I have an 07 ED30 DSG.
Current mods are TBE milltek, and Revo Stage 1.

Plans are: H&R Springs- http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=13918&xSec=157

I was planning a panel filter, but have been advised on an intake, so which would give me the best gains per ££, I see most of them are approx £300.

I am planning on Revo Stage 2 also.

I have revised DV already.

Any pointers, advice or links would be much appreciated! I was shocked how much springs were!

Thanks!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Recomendations... ED30 DSG
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 06:05:53 pm »
Allegedley the ITG gives most power and the noise along with it, Twintake not far behind, then its Evoms, Dbilas, AWE or Volant (AWE and Volant are both for K03 but a simple drill tap and add feed tube means they fit the K04 just fine.

Twintake, Dbilas, Evoms and ITG/VWR are all around £350-360,  AWE is £340 from UK supplier or if you have a relative in USA to post it on you can prob get the AWE for around £290 and Volant is £167 plus shipping (again from USA) so more like £220.

Depends how much you want to spend, noise levels and ease of fitment will be defining factors on your choice.

Personally I prefer the closed Box design of AWE as its a closed carbon box and should be a little quieter than most plus it looks more OEM in my mind (especcially if you adapt your engine cover or buy a replacement like Evoms engine cover or Neuspeed etc.

Most on here will point you towards Either twintake or ITG/VWR, same as remaps its usually Revo or APR and exhausts is usually Milltek  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Saintsteve

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 06:23:39 pm »
If your Planning stage 2 Revo,you will need to include in your budget a HPFP, as Revo's fuel requested on stage 2 , is too high for the stock fuel pump. The stock pump can run 115bar at most, whereas Revo2, requests 129.99. So if you think of adding a cold intake, you will need an extra £600 set aside for one, or want to chance it with some fuel pump internals for around £300.

Offline mpm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 06:50:23 pm »
If your Planning stage 2 Revo,you will need to include in your budget a HPFP, as Revo's fuel requested on stage 2 , is too high for the stock fuel pump. The stock pump can run 115bar at most, whereas Revo2, requests 129.99. So if you think of adding a cold intake, you will need an extra £600 set aside for one, or want to chance it with some fuel pump internals for around £300.

As far as I know, I have been told that you only need fuel pump on stage 2+? due to the extra demands?

Offline mpm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 06:51:45 pm »
Allegedley the ITG gives most power and the noise along with it, Twintake not far behind, then its Evoms, Dbilas, AWE or Volant (AWE and Volant are both for K03 but a simple drill tap and add feed tube means they fit the K04 just fine.

Twintake, Dbilas, Evoms and ITG/VWR are all around £350-360,  AWE is £340 from UK supplier or if you have a relative in USA to post it on you can prob get the AWE for around £290 and Volant is £167 plus shipping (again from USA) so more like £220.

Depends how much you want to spend, noise levels and ease of fitment will be defining factors on your choice.

Personally I prefer the closed Box design of AWE as its a closed carbon box and should be a little quieter than most plus it looks more OEM in my mind (especcially if you adapt your engine cover or buy a replacement like Evoms engine cover or Neuspeed etc.

Most on here will point you towards Either twintake or ITG/VWR, same as remaps its usually Revo or APR and exhausts is usually Milltek  :signLOL:

Thanks. Thats a great help! I have seen the Twintake for £329, which looks great, and also the ITG. But it does seem alot of money for what it is :(

Saintsteve

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 07:28:32 pm »

As far as I know, I have been told that you only need fuel pump on stage 2+? due to the extra demands?
Unfortunately no . Revo recommend stage 2 and on. Stage one map requests 115. Stage 2 and 2+ request 129.99. If your adding a cold intake, unless your happy with flat spots and fuel cuts, then go for it. but Revos mapping is wrote like that.Not all tuners go to 129.99 unless your on stage 2+ or bluefin stage 3 ( as an example)

Pm Mandy as her car has had issues recently , and was told to buy an APR fuel pump to cure her probs with Revos Stage 2 since she's added a CAI.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:30:28 pm by Saintsteve »

Offline mpm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 07:48:43 pm »

Unfortunately no . Revo recommend stage 2 and on. Stage one map requests 115. Stage 2 and 2+ request 129.99. If your adding a cold intake, unless your happy with flat spots and fuel cuts, then go for it. but Revos mapping is wrote like that.Not all tuners go to 129.99 unless your on stage 2+ or bluefin stage 3 ( as an example)

Pm Mandy as her car has had issues recently , and was told to buy an APR fuel pump to cure her probs with Revos Stage 2 since she's added a CAI.

Thanks.

Looks like I'll do a bit more digging then.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 07:57:42 pm »

@ the OP

Alternatively, try one of the other tuners who dont request so much rail pressure at stage 2 and not only save some money on the remap, but also save money by not having to buy the fuel pumpo :happy2:

Any particular reason you want  revo over other options or is it good figures you after?>

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 08:03:59 pm »

@ the OP

Alternatively, try one of the other tuners who dont request so much rail pressure at stage 2 and not only save some money on the remap, but also save money by not having to buy the fuel pumpo :happy2:

Any particular reason you want  revo over other options or is it good figures you after?>

Look at first post Sy, he has revo stage 1 already :P

I had the same issue at stage 2 revo aswell, it requested 130 bar or rail pressure.
Although I was told by revo that it only requests 110bar when I phoned :stupid:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 08:06:29 pm »
Ill get my coat  :laugh:

He might be OK for stage 2 with stock pump if he goes for the RS4 fuel valve. That will alow the stock pump a little more leeway

Offline mpm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 08:08:38 pm »
So confused now :S

I was going to go stage 2, as it was only going to cost me £60.

Is the £600 pump the only option to up the fuel delivery?

Saintsteve

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 08:08:48 pm »
Ill get my coat  :laugh:

He might be OK for stage 2 with stock pump if he goes for the RS4 fuel valve. That will alow the stock pump a little more leeway
Or keep the £50 in the back pocket and stay at stage 1 and add a CAI as that could give at most an extra 20bhp depending on which one he chooses..

there's properly not much init between a stage 1 Revo car and as an example a bluefin stage 2 car, which runs at 109.99 at stage 2.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:11:51 pm by Saintsteve »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 08:14:57 pm »
stage 1 with an ITG intake and S3 intercooler would be above 300Hp i reckon easily.  That would be a very good setup IMO

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 08:43:16 pm »
I heard it requested 130 so as to keep a decent supply, as if if it was set at 110, and it goes over the rail pressure drops, so by requesting 130 it keeps a steady volume. Don't know if there's any truth in that though. It is worth adding that my AFR always met requested even though my oem hpfp couldn't keep up with requested.

Offline mpm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 09:12:40 pm »
The main idea of going stage 2 was to make use of the exhaust, and also as I have decat, it will remove light off the dash.
Does anyone know the cost to go from stage 1 to stage 2+?
Also. If I bit the bullet and went stage 2+ would I need a bigger intercooler or would the ed30 be sufficient?