Make a donation

Author Topic: Headlight connectors  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Bikerz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Headlight connectors
« on: February 24, 2012, 06:08:21 pm »
Weird one guys

I have these connectors to put onto my R32 headlights

Problem is they dont fit onto my headlights, I need the older type with only 1 side of clip that locks in. These don't fit. VW dont know what the older ones are but ackowledge these are wrong ones. Anyone know part number of older style 12 pin headlight connectors? Or where can I get some? Its not just me the Auto spraky couldn't get them to fit and said you rang TPS who said you need the old ones that they cant get hold of bar a scrap yard.

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Headlight connectors
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 07:41:00 pm »
Everywhere I look says it should be that part number.

Is the plug definately that part. It will have the code on it below the vw Audi symbols.

Offline Bikerz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 09:13:14 pm »
Yeah part number stamped on clip. TPS were aware of this and said the mk5 platform has 2 types of 12 pin clips, but could only remember this and only have 1 clip listed on their system and didnt want to commit without a part number. I think I shall order some mk4 r32 12 pin clips with this part number 1J0 941 185, they look right.  Its a intresting one, I have found another mk5 owner with same problem however he never reported if he solved problem and how. My headlights only have a locking in tab on the 1 side (Wish I took pics now of the headlight clip bit)

Offline Bikerz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:51:33 am »
For future guys, I just ripped locking tab out. fitted fine and never came out

Offline Luka

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 04:48:14 pm »
I've got the older type connectors in the garage at home ready for my xenon retrofit. Can post the part numbers from them if it's of any future use. I know it's a bit late now though!  :grin:
Sold - 2006 Tornado Red GTI 3dr