Make a donation

Author Topic: Red ED30/GTI 5 door with black bonnet and roof  (Read 1937 times)

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 3
Red ED30/GTI 5 door with black bonnet and roof
« on: May 24, 2009, 07:16:40 pm »

Does any one have a photo of one, I've been through the 'Red thread' but can't see one anywhere..... can anyone help?

My wife had an Audi A2 colourstorm in red and this had a Satin black Roof (but not bonnet) and the combination looked very nice (for an A2!)

Seriously thinking about getting this done, but could do with seeing a pic sharpish as the detailer is coming tomorrow to give me a quote and I won't bother with the roof and bonnet if I'm going to go for this.

:happy2:
Octavia Vrs MKII - KO4, forge twintercooler, S3 Injectors, APR HPFP, RS4 FP Valve, Pipeworx 3'' DP and Sports cat, Piper non res exhuast, ITG Maxogen, Quaife Dif, sachs clutch kit, NQSBBBK with RS4-2 pads, H&R SS Coilovers with adjustable koni inserts.
Good for 328 BHP on JKM's rollers !!

Phil Mcavity

Re: Red ED30/GTI 5 door with black bonnet and roof
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 07:36:30 pm »
Thought about doing a red bonnet roof for mine true-blue, but i think it would overdo the look and like some have said would look like a Taxi Cab.

Id go subtle, and not too much Black wrap personally, im gonna save and get my bonnet resprayed and then stone Guard it to help minimise any future impacts :happy2:

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:10:48 pm »
what's stone guard, is that the clear stuff ?
Octavia Vrs MKII - KO4, forge twintercooler, S3 Injectors, APR HPFP, RS4 FP Valve, Pipeworx 3'' DP and Sports cat, Piper non res exhuast, ITG Maxogen, Quaife Dif, sachs clutch kit, NQSBBBK with RS4-2 pads, H&R SS Coilovers with adjustable koni inserts.
Good for 328 BHP on JKM's rollers !!

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 08:17:33 pm »
what's stone guard, is that the clear stuff ?
Yes , Illyan has this done of his Black Ed30  :happy2:

Offline scarpicus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 06:33:28 pm »

Does any one have a photo of one, I've been through the 'Red thread' but can't see one anywhere..... can anyone help?

My wife had an Audi A2 colourstorm in red and this had a Satin black Roof (but not bonnet) and the combination looked very nice (for an A2!)

Seriously thinking about getting this done, but could do with seeing a pic sharpish as the detailer is coming tomorrow to give me a quote and I won't bother with the roof and bonnet if I'm going to go for this.

:happy2:

Sorry for late reply True-Blue
Check out my Thread in members ride for black roof and bonnet on red 5-door gti
if you get it vinyled wrapped and dont like it you can always have it removed